Freshies

allison

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dearest Allison...let a male climber over 25 school you on this subject as I, myself, have recently been both mystified and informed about the meaning of this utterly silly bit of insider jargon. Apparently in backcountry ski-slang it means something to the effect of "freshly fallen snow". When I first heard the term, it was in the context of "Hey everybody! The freshies are here! New pow-pow ["powder-snow"]!" [hell no] My initial impression was that a group of five-years olds with precocious computer skills had posted on the site. I guess if you're around that kind of lingo on a regular basis, you don't even notice how goofy it sounds to an outsider. Anyway, I hope this helps. tongue.gif" border="0 Others out there might be able to provide more subtle nuances of meaning. [big Drink]

aloha, Dwayner

quote:

Originally posted by specialed:
rs-bjack.jpg

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: specialed ]

good pic special ned, i took some like that a couple weeks ago check them out

jgioshgiofdgiosfhiohgiosfhogs\- thats me tearing it up

dfkjghjklfhgjkhgasdjgfyuiatq3478tgr- thats my frined toby jumping

djghjkfhgjkhghvjkldghjkdfvgjkfgh- both of us before we dropped in

and here is the best one:

flgkljfdhgjkfhgivue897y6twruihgow5uityu7%^^$

tongue.gif" border="0[big Drink][big Drink]

As long as we are discussing new ski/snowboarding "jargon," Pow-pow and freshie are indeed synonomous, Ski-po are the asshole ski patrol sticking us for building jumps, unipoling is what one does when one breaks wipes out and breaks a pole against their hip, and a took (rhymes with duke) is a turok, or a knitted hat with a ball but not a tassle.

quote:

Originally posted by Rookie of the Year:
As long as we are discussing new ski/snowboarding "jargon," Pow-pow and freshie are indeed synonomous, Ski-po are the asshole ski patrol sticking us for building jumps, unipoling is what one does when one breaks wipes out and breaks a pole against their hip, and a took (rhymes with duke) is a turok, or a knitted hat with a ball but not a tassle.

You mean "tuque". Sorry dood. Any brimless ear-length headcovering incl. watchcap, but not including balaclava.