Petition Against Climbing Restrictions

summerprophet

All apologies for the repost, but I feel very strongly about this issue, and would hate to have this buried under five pages of comments.

As detailed in this forum, Washington Legislature is trying to impose restrictions upon winter climbing. If you dissagree with this, I have created an online google document to collect names of those who oppose this bill.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFZPUy1QMXdCMUhmUV9HWWFEajVoMEE6MA

In the event you cannot use the google site, feel free to email me your:

1)Full name

2)City, County of residence

3)Any additional Comments you may have (be civil)

Send email to cwcguides@gmail.com

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All apologies for the repost, but I feel very strongly about this issue, and would hate to have this buried under five pages of comments.

As detailed in this forum, Washington Legislature is trying to impose restrictions upon winter climbing. If you dissagree with this, I have created an online google document to collect names of those who oppose this bill.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFZPUy1QMXdCMUhmUV9HWWFEajVoMEE6MA

In the event you cannot use the google site, feel free to email me your:

1)Full name

2)City, County of residence

3)Any additional Comments you may have (be civil)

Send email to cwcguides@gmail.com

Here is a link to the roster for the house committee on Public Safety and Emergency. This is the committee holding the Public hearing. Besides the sponsor of the bill; the rest of the co-sponsors don't have a lot of say in whether or not the bill goes forward. This commitee is where we should probably focus our efforts. Take a look at the roster and PLEASE drop them a note stating your opposition to the bill. If any of these folks are represent your district, a good way to start your note is "I'm a voting constitient".

This is a poorly conceived bill on every level.

First and foremost, it attacks my personal freedom by dictating what I have in my pockets.

Second, it provides no benefit to an educated back country traveler/climber.

Third, it singles out one of the smallest user groups arbitrarily. This is most likely due to what sells in the press and what politicians think they can leverage to get re-elected.

And finally, the time spent legislating this bill should be invested in far more important issues during this economic downturn. Especially considering the fact that this bill would be un-enforcable.

In general, the introduction of this bill and the attention it is getting, however small, displays a gross misunderstanding of the facts and a misappropriation of the trust placed in our elected officials.