BIG (!!!) Asolo Cholatse GV Technical Boot - NEW

groupb

BIG (!!!) Asolo Cholatse GV Ice/Technical Boot - NEW - Less than Half Original Price:

Image: Trailspace

Paraphrased from Trailspace: The Cholatse GV is a crampon-compatible ice/technical mountaineering boot constructed with weight savings and warmth in mind. Specifications: Weight: 780 gr (1/2 pair size 8.5 US) Integrated Gaiter. Upper: High resistance polyamide fabric and micro fiber Lining: Gore-Tex (Sierra) Asoframe: Carbon and Kevlar Anatomic Foot bed: Summit Sole: Vibram Lavaredo, dual-density mid sole in microporous rubber, PU attachments for automatic crampons.

-------------

My Cholatse GVs (GTX) just arrived but are WAY bigger than any size 12 I have ever seen. If your foot fits a boot measuring 12.25" INSIDE length, you may want to check these for fit. One climber has first dibs, but if other Portland area bigfoots want to check out the fit, pm me. I strenuously avoid shipping. A decent offer less than half the $430 original price would be nice for these brand spankin' new ice/technical mountaineering boots that are identical to the pic and have had feet in them for less than 30 seconds.

Note: to test sole stiffness, I place the heel against my chest & try to bend the toe by pulling toward me. These boot soles gave the most resistance of any non-plastic boot I've tested - even stiffer than new size 46 Nepals! They are not as "roomy" in the toe box as the Nepals. Asolo's description, not mine: "narrow in width, but then have a high volume – which creates a unique fit that works well for a wide range of feet that may be on both the narrow or wide side of a medium fit."

Edited by groupb

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These boots could be the best ice boots available on the market right now (non fruit boot) and mine are way warm.

The number sizing is way off so try them on first.

Speaking of Asolo, the old green runouts resoled with different rubber were the best low angle friction slab shoe that has ever been created. I heard that poor business decisions allowed sportiva to leapfrog ahead of them in market share many years ago?