Looking for climbing partners!

Stewie

Hey Dudes, Im feeling a wee bit left out here. Is it because im from Canada? Well anyhows, Im 17, graduated early and work in contruction. Lead 5.12 trad, WI5+, comfy cozy on snow, enjoy a good aid climb, and am psyched to teach people anything too. Have a full rack of cheap ass shit gear.. but hey, it works.

http://www.facebook.com/#/marcandre.leclerc1?ref=profile

that should work for Fb, or just PM me. Lots of good rock near my house, and always amped to get something going in Squamish too... and that doesnt mean I wont climb in the States either.

You're always welcome here, we'd be honored to climb with you! I don't have a passport yet, it should be here soon though. I will be sure to head up to Canada sometime, but if you are in the Washington area anytime, send us a PM and we can definitely work something out. We are heading out this weekend if you're interested, probably McClellan's Butte.

-Mark

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dudes, Im feeling a wee bit left out here. Is it because im from Canada? Well anyhows, Im 17, graduated early and work in contruction. Lead 5.12 trad, WI5+, comfy cozy on snow, enjoy a good aid climb, and am psyched to teach people anything too. Have a full rack of cheap ass shit gear.. but hey, it works.

http://www.facebook.com/#/marcandre.leclerc1?ref=profile

that should work for Fb, or just PM me. Lots of good rock near my house, and always amped to get something going in Squamish too... and that doesnt mean I wont climb in the States either.

You're always welcome here, we'd be honored to climb with you! I don't have a passport yet, it should be here soon though. I will be sure to head up to Canada sometime, but if you are in the Washington area anytime, send us a PM and we can definitely work something out. We are heading out this weekend if you're interested, probably McClellan's Butte.

-Mark

I need to get paid first! Then we could probably get something going... its easy for me to arrange a squamish trip for a few days. Plus, there is free (illegal?) camping and showers there too. But of course I want to go to Index too.

P.S - Triple Couloir on DT looks cool... hint, hint!

hey mark, I'll climb TC on dragontail this spring if you want a partner, I can lead 5.10- trad on a good day. but that was last fall, I've been training hard all winter at the gym, and I've climbed the N face and NE buttress on chair. I've been looking at TC since last summer, it looks really good and I'm itching to get on it. have you looked at the west face of colchuck balanced rock?

http://www.ericandlucie.com/Leavenworth/Colchuck%20Balanced%20Rock/Colchuck.htm

I'll be your belay slave if you want to try that one out this summer...

Plan for McClellan's Butte this Sunday so far:

-Rocketparrotlet

-Stewie

-RokIzGud

-Josh Lewis

Sound right?

As for gear, I will bring a harness, a picket, carabiners, slings, a small rack of nuts (just in case), and I can bring a shovel. Anything else?

So what rope should we use? I have an 8mm 30m glacier rope and a 10.2mm 60m rope. We could use somebody else's rope as well. Just wondering what length rope you would prefer, I would be good with either.

-Mark

• 7 months later...