Looking for climbing partners!

Stewie

Hi, My name is Stewart. I am a 17 year old high school student. Mountaineering is my passion. I have a dream of becoming a mountain guide when I am older. Now that my dad is getting older, he is not interested in mountaineering and I am having a hard time thinking of ways to get out and climb without paying for a guided trip. I heard of this website and thought that maybe someone here would be willing to include a kid like me on one of their trips.

I have some experience. I have climbed Mt. Baker, Mt. Hood, attempted Rainier but got turned around at 12,500 because of weather. I have also taken a mountaineering class with Martin Volken and Avalanche 1 course. I am also a very avid back country skier, and an experienced rock climber.

I am just looking for any sort of trip or someplace where i can learn more. Any sort of help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :grin:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Sounds great! I'm a 17 year old high school student as well, and it seems like you really share a passion as well! Our stories are pretty similar. Do you have a car?

I live in Everett, the only problem might be getting up here. If you are ever in the area, send me a PM- I'd love to meet some fellow climbers my age!

-Mark

I go to Bothell High School and just turned 18. I mostly have rock climbing experiance (and the gear but no trad rack), glacier travel, steep snow and alpine ice climbing experiance. Iv been in SAR for 4 years also. If any of you guys are interested in getting out shoot me a PM, id love to get out more! Oh, and i also have a car so im willing to drive.

I go to Bothell High School and just turned 18. I mostly have rock climbing experiance (and the gear but no trad rack), glacier travel, steep snow and alpine ice climbing experiance. Iv been in SAR for 4 years also. If any of you guys are interested in getting out shoot me a PM, id love to get out more! Oh, and i also have a car so im willing to drive.

Sounds great! I'd love to meet up with you sometime. I'm in Everett. Maybe we could start an unofficial high school climbing group or something- between you, Stewie, Josh Lewis, and Michael in Leavenworth, we could really make something happen.

-Mark

Sounds great! I'd love to meet up with you sometime. I'm in Everett. Maybe we could start an unofficial high school climbing group or something- between you, Stewie, Josh Lewis, and Michael in Leavenworth, we could really make something happen.

-Mark

Sounds great! Just let me know and we can make it happen. I dont know how it is with your schools but i have a mid-winter break comming up and im hoping to climb for most of it. If anyones interested post up!

Climbers our age are hard to come by.

I've been off cause for a while cause of football season and stuff but that's over for now. I'm a sophomore at Issy and getting my car soon so if anyone wants to get out hit me up! RokIzGud I know your in Bothell so that could work out (even though I'm pissed yall knocked us out of the playoffs haha). Are the rest of you guys Eastside or what?

EDIT: Like I said I'm just getting back into this so I'd like to climb with some guys around my experience level. I'm leading around 5.9 rock, know glacier/snow stuff (baker, hood, rainier easy routes), and have done a little alpine ice like Bakers north ridge. No water ice but hopefully soon.

Edited by Braydon

Sounds sweet! We should seriously get a group together, I'm not kidding. I'm in Everett. I've got no car, but I have a glacier and a rock rope, a trad rack, ice tools (no screws YET, but soon) and other gear. I can lead to 5.7 and follow to 5.9 (maybe 5.10a), follow WI4, lead WI2. I have glacier, rock, alpine, and a little ice experience.

My goals for this summer are set at the North Ridge of Mt. Baker, the Nisqually icefall of Rainier, a traverse of the 5 Liberty Bell Group summits, and Forbidden Peak. I like all kinds of climbing!

Anyway, we could go to Index or Leavenworth sometime, I would be able to acquire another set of ice tools to lend someone if we go to Leavenworth, and I know some easy water ice I could lead.

EDIT: Alpine trips are nice too. We could scramble something in the I-90 or Stevens Pass area maybe.

-Mark

Edited by rocketparrotlet

This next weekend I am free. I was talking with Mark about maybe taking a weekend trip up to leavenworth. We could ice climb and do some rock climbing. I have some screws, a trad rack ropes ect. If anyone is interested let me know. We could leave whenever. I can fit 4 in my car and pick everyone up.

Hey Dudes, Im feeling a wee bit left out here. Is it because im from Canada? Well anyhows, Im 17, graduated early and work in contruction. Lead 5.12 trad, WI5+, comfy cozy on snow, enjoy a good aid climb, and am psyched to teach people anything too. Have a full rack of cheap ass shit gear.. but hey, it works.

http://www.facebook.com/#/marcandre.leclerc1?ref=profile

that should work for Fb, or just PM me. Lots of good rock near my house, and always amped to get something going in Squamish too... and that doesnt mean I wont climb in the States either.