what will the angry right do with their mandate?

Hugh Conway

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Occupy more countries in the name of the "war on terror".

Yeah, it's fucked up that Obama continues to fund those occupations, eh boner?

Yes, that is messed up. Obama is funded from the right.

Wrong- the right and left are both funded by rich war profiteers who don't give a shit who's in charge as long as they're for sale.

well the angry left has shown what they can do....jackshit.

at least the angry right can lead us in a direction, even if it is down the shitter. i'm buying guns, ammo, gold, and non-perishable food to prepare for our new jackass overlords.

third party anyone?

Beuler?

fucking Beuler?

I'm voting for ANARCHY, man. Fuckin' anarchy.

well the angry left has shown what they can do....jackshit.

at least the angry right can lead us in a direction, even if it is down the shitter. i'm buying guns, ammo, gold, and non-perishable food to prepare for our new jackass overlords.

Some dude on Huffpo pretty well nailed it last night:

"Tomorrow in Massachusetts, the Democrats are set to suffer a stunning defeat in the race for the US Senate; a race that, if lost, will largely be because of lack of enthusiasm by the party base for what a liberal agenda actually looks like when it is forced to abandon its fantasies and instead confront the actual problems our country faces and deal with them using the political process as it exists."

...confront the actual problems our country faces and deal with them using the political process as it exists."

...and when what exists is fucked.

There's plenty of nice countries with parliamentary systems that impose fewer constraints on the party in power. Canada, NZ, Australia, England, etc, etc, etc.

Given that your odds of seeing the constitution modified in a manner that suits your ideological preferences is indistinguishable from zero, the only choices available to you are to live with it or emmigrate.

NZ is pretty sweet. If the political equilibrium and the checks and balances here bothered me as much as they do you I would have emmigrated a long time ago. Really.

...confront the actual problems our country faces and deal with them using the political process as it exists."

There's plenty of nice countries with parliamentary systems that impose fewer constraints on the party in power. Canada, NZ, Australia, England, etc, etc, etc.

Given that your odds of seeing the constitution modified in a manner that suits your ideological preferences is indistinguishable from zero, the only choices available to you are to live with it or emmigrate.

NZ is pretty sweet. If the political equilibrium and the checks and balances here bothered me as much as they do you I would have emmigrated a long time ago. Really.

Funny how you folks are always happy to view our political system as an idealized abstraction created ex nihilo by demigods rather than as how it is actually working in reality. If you can't see "system" for the farce of corporate interests, petty ambitious plutocrats, and thugs that it is and that it's no longer functional in any real sense then you're either entirely happy with that arrangement in that it's working for you, you're playing dumb, or you're walking around in a History Channel-induced state of delusion. I suspect that it's always been the first for you.

Edited by prole

Funny how you folks are always happy to view our political system as an idealized abstraction created ex nihilo by demigods rather than as how it is actually working in reality. If you can't see "system" for the farce of corporate interests, petty ambitious plutocrats, and thugs that it is and that it's no longer functional in any real sense then you're either entirely happy with that arrangement in that it's working for you, you're playing dumb, or you're walking around in a History Channel-induced state of delusion. I suspect that it's always been the first for you.

That would require admitting that the US isn't perfect, and that's a slippery slope to hating America.

I've heard those are oppressive, tyrannic hellholes, and the population are just numbed out drones who have long forgotten the joy of living.

One of the radio shock jock patriots did recently say that we in America are currently "living in tyranny and oppression". That's fucked! Why would anyone want to live here and put up with that? We have Hitler in the white house and we can't vote or speak up or use the radio and tv to sow populist outrage...

The grand irony here is that:

A) it's only the government's capacity to insulate particular sectors, companies, etc from competition and play favorites and pick winners that enables the very shortcomings that you bemoan above. Neither Congress nor corporations (or any other aggregated economic interest) can abuse powers that they don't have.

B)I've got a self-proclaimed "Dialectical Materialist" scolding me for chasing utopias.

Too close to home?

" in the direction of economic activity, say of transport, or industrial planning, the interests to be reconciled are so divergent that no true agreement on a single plan could be reached in a democratic assembly. Hence, in order to be able to extend action beyond the questions on which agreement exists, the decisions are reserved to a few representatives of the most powerful “interests.”

But this expedient is not effective enough to placate the dissatisfaction which the impotence of the democracy must create among all friends of extensive planning. The delegation of special decisions to many independent bodies presents in itself a new obstacle to proper coordination of state action in different fields.

The legislature is naturally reluctant to delegate decisions on really vital questions. And the agreement that planning is necessary, together with the inability to agree on a particular plan, must tend to strengthen the demand that the government, or some single person, should be given power to act on their own responsibility. It becomes more and more the accepted belief that if one wants to get things done, the responsible director of affairs must be freed from the fetters of democratic procedure …"

Some dude on Huffpo pretty well nailed it last night:

"Tomorrow in Massachusetts, the Democrats are set to suffer a stunning defeat in the race for the US Senate; a race that, if lost, will largely be because of lack of enthusiasm by the party base for what a liberal agenda actually looks like when it is forced to abandon its fantasies and instead confront the actual problems our country faces and deal with them using the political process as it exists."

:lmao: That's a good one Jayb. I think I made that call back when Barak was elected. But look at the alternative...another tax borrow and spend republican?