Smoking

RJRiha

So, we've talked about most of the great pleasures in life...wine, beer, Scotch, cigars, but I don't remember ever talk about smoking. I'm not talking cigarettes, which taste like crap and pollute your clothes with that ash-tray stench. Cigars are good, and I won't turn down a Cohiba, but that taste hangs around in your mouth for days, and anything remotely close to the smoke will absolutely reek. I'm talking about the best tobacco smoking out there: the kind that's done with a PIPE.

There's so much to like about smoking a pipe. You can do it inside and people usually don't even mind. I've even had a friend ask me to smoke my pipe in his house because it reminded of him of his Grandpa's house. I can get a pouch of tobacco from the local shop that I can smoke 20 to 30 times with, and it costs me 6 bucks. We're talking cigarette prices folks. And the taste. It's even better than cigars!

So who else out there smokes? Briar, meerschaum, corncob, or something else? Do you normally reach for a sweet Cavendish, or is an English blend heavy on the Latakia more your thing?

Pipe smokers speak up!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What's truly splendid is a pipe-load of Cavendish followed by a shot of espresso. I love espresso shots, but somehow their caramelly goodness becomes that much more acute when the mouth is appropriately prepared.

I'll have to try that some time. I just got done smoking a pipe-full of Cavendish out of a new Meerschaum when I started this thread. It was so good that I thought there HAD to be some CCers that like to reach for a pipe.