• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Rookie_of_the_Year

Fave all time climbs

1. The Big Ben

2. Jonathan Hemlock/Karl Freitag

3. Madame Montagne's Twin Towers

1. Liberty Bell2. Fred Beckey / Steve House3. Drury / Dragontail, Triple Couloir / The Nose

grin.gif" border="0

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: iceguy ]

Stuart Glacier CouloirSteve(The great white hope)Houseill get back to you on the climb i want to do...there are way to many

Aidan

Liberty Ridge or Direct North Ridge of Stuart or the Nose or North Face of North Trapper.

Alex Lowe or Mallory.

Cassin Ridge, Direct NW Face of Half Dome.

1.The Nose -for getting to see both sides of El Cap, or any limestone pocket pulling..

2. Alex Lowe or anyone having fun 99% of the time.

3.Nanga Parbat alpine style or the West Tiger cable line.

specialed,

Yes, I've done some other routes in the Bitterroot. I grew up in Missoula and went to college there. If it weren't for the Bitterroots I probably would have gone to Boulder or Arizona state. It was a great time to be a climber in Missoula. It was a wide open area with only the most obvious lines having been done. We used to go out half the time and just wander up to a good looking line and give it a try. When Wild Country friends came out it was an ongoing party. Lots more lines started getting done.

Bruce Anderson and I did the first ascent of Modern Home Environment on Nez Pierce spire up Blodgett but used aid in several places. I would like to see someone do the blank wall off the tower below the bivy ledge. Being the first one out through the upper roof was a rush. Bruce and I were the first to do the Red Tower too. Bruce was really serious. Be careful on the routes with his name on them.

Mike Scott and I did the only complete route I know of on the Bear Creek wall. Morning Thunder.

There were always people doing new crags. There are several other canyons out there that are full of crags that no one puts in the guide books because you have to hike a mile or two. Then the Lolo domes were found and the Bitterroots kind of got left to a few of us trad climbers.

What did you do in the Bitterrots? If you know of North Trapper you must have gotten out a bit.

OK, I'll add mine to the record too.

1. Rainier. July of '972. Mark Twight3. Denali. One of these years.

grin.gif" border="0

1. Mt. Helen -North Colouir to West Ridge (Wind Rivers)

2. Ryan, Pete, Tony, Jason, Mitch, Chrysten, oh and John Muir

3. Modern Home Environment (right on Kieth!), anything in Baffin someday grin.gif" border="0

1. whymper couloir, aiguille verte

2. fred beckey (until i went on a trip with him), currently my buddy pete - he only has one arm and climbs damn well, and is just basically a good guy.

3. there were several routes on the south side of mt. cook that looked nice, i think the one i remember is called "the clit" ? (yes im serious) can anyone clear that up for me?

Favorite Climb: Don't need one.

Favorite Climber: Jim Wickwire (one of my seven favorite uncle's and the man that inspired me to start climbing.)

Always wanted to climb: Whatever I have time for.