Redpoint climbing shop robbed!!

godskid5

"REDPOINT ROBBED – Watch-out for new gear being sold!

This is a note from the Owner of Redpoint….I'm letting everyone know this, just in case someone runs into someone that's selling gear that just doesn't sound right. Last night (Friday night) my shop was broken into, and everything was taken and I really do mean everything. I haven't done an actually inventory yet. But ballpark, 50 draws, 100 carabiners, 14 ropes, 4 sets of cams, 5 sets of nuts, 10 down jackets, etc etc etc etc. So please, please, keep an eye out for anything suspicious if you're buying something second hand from someone. I would appreciate it. If anyone finds out anything here is some contact information. You can either call me, 541-923-6207. Or the best bet is the local sheriff's office. Their phone number is 541-693-6911. The Sheriff in charge of the case is Gary Cima, but you can talk to anyone else there as well. I'm working on the inventory right now, and will have a pretty long list of items stolen, so you know what to be on the look out for. Thanks for all the support. Thanks, Eric"

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full text:

"Date: 2010-01-20, 4:41PM PST

Reply to: sale-vysm5-1562644205@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

hey i have some climbing gear i used once and an indoor facility, and then i never went back to use it.i am not to hot on sellen in little chunks i really need the money, but if you want a few of the more expencive items we can work somethin out.(rope and harnes and quickdraws) i have a mammut passion 10mm 60 meter rope,5 oval mammut,5 blackdimond rocklock, 1 black dimond rocklock mini, caribeners i have 6 blackdimond quickdraw caribeners,and 1 wiregate caribener. 1 blackdimond atc -xp belay device, 2 mammut bleay devices as well as 2 black dimond atc-?? belay devices. aso i have a medium back dimond harnes. used never i just rented then bought all this stff and never used it gin. i live in allen, but i go to school near bremerton, so reall any place around those two plces i can meet or whatever works. i would like 350 or best offer. its al new so its worth a littlebit, if your intrested e mail @ hankhankb@hotmail.com or gimi a shout at 360 509 2411. i can send images if needed there is just alot of stuff to post pics of "

if that seriously is the stolen gear (or some of it-the story is beyond fishy/bizzare--it would be more plausible if it just said "a friend gave me his stuff") a name and e-mail address is bunk...an actual address would work a lot better for beatings, and/or involvement with LEOs. I've found e-mail be-ratement to be extremely unsatisfactory and unsatisfying.

who the hell still has Sticht plates?

Lots of people. While I have several belay devices, I prefer a Sticht Plate for glacier/alpine climbing. They work great as an autoblock for a crevasse rescue system, in addition to being a good belay or rap device.

The green things are bottle openers.

All shiny new gear, including 6 brand new belay devices, no shoes, no chalkbag (for someone supposedly getting out of climbing): sure does smell like this stuff is stolen. I wouldn't be surprised if it's been lifted from another shop, if not Redpoint. Strangely coiled rope, too.

• 2 weeks later...