• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Dwayner

This week's Alpine Buddy [#2]

A week ago, we had the opportunity to extend a big mountain high-five to our excellent pal, Matt P., who exemplifies effortless coolness. And in the spirit of the Year of Big Lou, I am pleased to announce this week's Alpine Buddy of the Week. (I am now pulling a slip of paper out of a ratty old stuff sack.) The Alpine Buddy is..............................ERIK! Congratulations, young man. You were nominated and have been selected not only for your excellent climbing skills and dedication, but also for your thoughtful and honorable efforts to continually evolve in good directions. I don't know you that well but I've read a lot of your posts, and we've shared a number of beers together, and I think this week's selection is very deserving. Thanks for the inspiration, my alpine brother, and we'll see you at the crags, if not at the pub nights.

Mr. Good Time! With a name like yours you'd think that you would appreciate someone with good social/party skills. Give your ol' buddy Erik a cyber-handshake and say, "well done, my craggin' comrade", "keep up the good work, amigo", etc.After all, this IS the Year of Big Lou.aloha, Dwayner who just woke up and is workin' on Mickey's no.5! [big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink] (One mo to go!)AND THE REST OF YOU CAN CHIME IN WITH KIND, APPRECIATIVE COMMENTS IF YOU LIKE. This is your chance to honor your Alpine Buddy; who know's maybe it will be your turn next week!

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Dwayner ]

Here's to Erik! [big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

He makes the married guys feel lucky and the single guys feel smart when he asks for dating advice. [big Drink]

He does the dirty job of moderating SPRAY. The only more thankless is probably parking-ticket cop. [big Drink]

Here's to Erik! Unabashed defender of Takoma! He's a helluva guy! [big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

Erik is a rock solid belay slave cool.gif" border="0 . He needs to sharpen his screws though. Cmon Snyder! Dig out those files!

Now I don't know this Erik so well, but we've met. I can't evaluate his climbing abilities, but I can attest to the fact that he's an "effortlessly capable" drinker (he can't hold his liquor, but he'll drink you under the table!) And anybody OK by Dwayner is OK by me (except some of Dwayner's partners...not to be confused with his climbing partners). So, here's to Brother Erik, Brother Erik, Brother Erik. Erik, he all that. He got climb.

And he took one of the coolest pictures that pops up on the front page of this board! That shot of Mike on Damnation is great. Ja Erik.

right on, dwayner, i couldn't think of a more fitting alpine buddy. erik is an excellent partner to have in the mountains (i don't know about effortless though, with the way he grunts and curses while climbing) or while drinking or partying or road tripping or spraying or, well, you get the idea.

here's to ya, e-dog!