21. Dr. J

22. Epic

23. ehmmic

24. Bronco

25. Ideaguy

26. Dru

27. Erik

And to get it started:

Four years had passed, four years of constant reminders. Every glimpse of a rock face, every postcard of a mountain, every carabiner keychain a reminder of that day. Looking in the mirror....

[This message has been edited by willstrickland (edited 08-08-2001).]

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will, are you calling me epic? sure the whole chicken truck rollover thing with your mom, was sketchy but we worked through it. i never knew your dad was boss hog, you alabamer's just so tight!

note to self, ky is not a valuable farm implement!

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

will, are you calling me epic? sure the whole chicken truck rollover thing with your mom, was sketchy but we worked through it. i never knew your dad was boss hog, you alabamer's just so tight!

note to self, ky is not a valuable farm implement!

Whydoncha take plug of bacca outta yo mouth and come again with that statement. Say what?

Erik, didn't have you listed in my complex filing system (stack of Post-Its), add yourself after Dru. And hey, Alabama is a whole different world than Georgia...southern ass-backwards meter shows these results (from most backward to most civilized and Florida is a northern state, not southern so not included)

1. West Virginia (good climbing though)

2. Mississippi

3. Alabama

4. South Carolina/Tennessee/Kentucky (more good climbing)

7. Georgia / North Carolina (great climbing)

9. Virginia

Arkansas, Lousiana, and Texas are not the south, but the "southern midwest" or the "Arklatex" as they call it. No matter, it sucks there anyway.

Four years had passed, four years of constant reminders. Every glimpse of a rock face, every postcard of a mountain, every carabiner keychain a reminder of that day. Looking in the mirror........I had to wonder if I still had it in me. Sure, accidents happen and people die in the mountains, but it wasn't supposed to happen to me. And it wasn't really my fault. Even my friends have told me that over and over again. But then why does it plague me so. Why does my gear just sit in the corner? My old partners don't even call me anymore. Deep inside I know I have to climb again. That's what Kristi would have wanted...........

Will, you can call me Jon bro. tongue.gif

God I suck at writing, here I go. Liquid courage to the rescue.

Four years had passed, four years of constant reminders. Every glimpse of a rock face, every postcard of a mountain, every carabiner keychain a reminder of that day. Looking in the mirror........I had to wonder if I still had it in me. Sure, accidents happen and people die in the mountains, but it wasn't supposed to happen to me. And it wasn't really my fault. Even my friends have told me that over and over again. But then why does it plague me so. Why does my gear just sit in the corner? My old partners don't even call me anymore. Deep inside I know I have to climb again. That's what Kristi would have wanted….. Things seemed simple at that time in my life when she and I first met, I was youthful and full of energy ready to conquer the world. Looking back now though maybe I was too careless, blind of my lack of abilities and too willing to take risks. I promised myself to change my ways when she I first took her climbing, but I didn’t and my recklessness led to my demise…..

[This message has been edited by jon (edited 08-09-2001).]

Yo good one Jon, kill off the protagonist! Will the next author please explain how the guy is looking at the gear in the corner if he's dead (cloning? afterlife?) so I don't have to justify it by the time this story trickles down to me?

Nope, I don't agree. I'm with Eddie E. This was a "psychological death". Obvoiously I set the tone by putting the story in the first person and this aint no ghost story. The protagonist is alive!

"Sure accidents happen and people die in the mountains, but it wasn't supposed to happen to me..."

I was refering to the accident and the fact I was involved in an accident that included the death of Kristi.

Demise would be the drudgery/dillema this guy is in. I don't see it as being an actual death. I guess only Jon knows: so Jon?......

Maybe we should just let the story go...I wrote my piece and if someone wants to make it a flashback or ghost story, it's beyond my right to comment. I would like to suggest that this story might need to go 2 rounds at least.