Redpoint Climbers Supply of Smith Rock Robbed

RedpointSupply

that is funny...but Mal_Con...the attorney is in regards to possibly the phone company or the alarm company being negligent or whatever term in a court of a law would be used. He pays a phone bill, pays an alarm/security company, but the alarm/sheriff notification did not occur as it should have. If it was a 20 second smash and grab, notifying the sheriff may not have done anything, but unless there were 10 people involved, it sounds like they would have been there for 5-10 minutes which could be enough time to be caught in the act. (my thoughts).

Best wishes at finding the culprits, figuring out the weak link in the alarm system malfunction. If you have a sale or a presentation or something, I'd do my best to kick in a few bucks!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not an attorney but I will say that the cops probably don't give much of a shit about this because it is too hard to find the perps. If they are smart, they will find a way to make money off the steal and not get caught. Black market, long way away, wait a while, etc.

I feel really bad for you as I have loved that shop from the old small space to the new one. Total quality.

One of my favorite Redpoint stories was witnessing a dude lobbing off of Heiness Cling full and taking about a 100 footer. I chatted with a guy in Redpoint about it and it turns out it was him! On purpose!

Good luck on getting things going again.

I agree, not saying I don't. I prefer a lawyer stick to facts and bluntness of speech & not try to blow smoke up everyones ass. At least that is what worked for me when I had to sue for loss of property.

If there was a breakdown in security then liability may apply there and depending on how cooperative the alarm company is they might accept the loss. But, that doesn't mean that there offer will be fair. That's where a lawyer could come in handy.

I am not a lawyer, but I play one on tv, so listen to my advice please!

hahaha

Eric,

I had posted a copy of your original notice I recieved from Calvin Landrus in Bend on the gear forum. Someone posted some pics of some brand new gear for sale on a craigslist ad. It is the second page of this thread. http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/934478/2

Take a look. The stuff still has tags on it, and is pretty dang shiny!

Good luck man!