Redpoint Climbers Supply of Smith Rock Robbed

RedpointSupply

Leery is good, everyone should be leery.

I also noticed his posts as well. Been looking at all the major cities. But, not my stuff. All his metolius cams are the old styles, not the new ultralights. And the rest of his stuff looks just as old.

He could be legit, or someone had their gear stolen, who knows. That's why it's always good to ask questions, see if they know what they're talking about.

Thanks for keeping an eye out though!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Perkins (MattP) is a lawyer. Dunno if he handles stuff like that, but he'd have connections at least. If someone screwed up, they should be held accountable for their part by charging you money. I'd also follow Jon's suggestion.

Hopefully word spreads at the OR show this week. I couldn't imagine all the major companies not sending you enough free gear to remain in business. Smith Rock needs a climbing shop and you obviously place more than just a shops worth of orders per year - so it would be in their best interest to re-stock you. Let me know when you are refilling your bookshelves and I'll pony up.

I am gong to the OR show and will tell everyone I talk to about this.

Matt Perkins (MattP) is a lawyer. Dunno if he handles stuff like that, but he'd have connections at least.

I would think that if the OP was smart enough to operate a business, he could probably get his own lawyer just fine. He probably does not need the services of a SLC based internet advice columnist suggesting that he get in touch with a Seattle based family law attorney.

My car broke down in Duvall, do you know of a tire shop in San Diego?

yeah, anyone who owns a business automatically has all connections they need. Once you have a business you don't even need to network, that is all pre-business stuff. Not that a Seattle based family law attorney who climbs wouldn't perhaps know of a good lawyer who handles this type of thing in Portland, Eugene, or closer, in Bend, or anything like this, since professional associations and like-minded/profesioned individuals never cross paths. To boot, it is detrimental to even broach the subject on the off chance there is a connection. seriously mcjizzy, what an apt name!

if your car broke down in duvall you'd be stuck there with nobody to help you with that attitude.

I would think that if the OP was smart enough to operate a business, he could probably get his own lawyer just fine. He probably does not need the services of a SLC based internet advice columnist suggesting that he get in touch with a Seattle based family law attorney.

Well I would think this topic needs to stay on track and not degrade into another internet yell fest/chest thumping session. I suspect that they could use all the advice and help we can offer during this stressful time of trial's and tribulations which they are facing. I'm sure you wish them the best, as do we all.

When Feather Friends had that container full of finished products stolen from them before Christmas, some folks bought gear from them. I'd always wanted a great coat, like they make. I had been too cheap to actually spring for it though, preferring to make due with a 30 year old frostline kit coat. My brother thought he owed me a favor so he ordered one with Event fabric for Christmas. It was win-win-win. Here's my $300 plus long overdue coat that did not show up for 6 months, until the end of June. The picture was taken July 4th. I am grateful to both be able to assist FF, get a great coat and memory of my brother every time I need to be warm. Totally awesome all the way around.

7_4_08_Cathedral_Formation_Road_closure_small_2.jpg

Small things matter. If your car broke down in Duval, it would be nice to have a down coat like this one eh? I twice gotten that 4 x 4 there stuck within a mile of that pic, and there's no cell service. Perhaps we can do something similar for Redpoint as well?

Bump/ Update.

Yesterday I was on the phone all day calling gyms, climbing shops and consignment stores from the bay area to Vancouver, Canada. I sent them a list and a flyer of what brands were stolen and who to contact if they have any information. I didn't contact many gyms in the bay, just the touchstone group ones. So if any of you want to give out more flyers to the gyms in that area or even farther south, please do. I will not mind at all.

I'm looking into the old employees, and would be shocked if any of them took it. There's only one I can think of and that person lives in southern CA. But I guess this would be worth the trip. I've only owned the shop since August, so I don't have ex-employees.

I'm still looking into the alarm company, and am waiting for some more information to come. I have to look over the contract, and contact some other 3rd party to get a second opinion. It looks like this might be a lead, just need more information. I have been in contact with my lawyer about all of this.

Still waiting on the security tape, oi, it's taking forever.

Again thanks for all support, everyone.

Eric

When Feather Friends had that container full of finished products stolen from them before Christmas, some folks bought gear from them. ...Perhaps we can do something similar for Redpoint as well?

Sounds like a great idea Bill. While I can't buy any big items, I'm sure every little bit helps.

Maybe some kind of benefit climbing slide show or film fest is the thing to do here. There ought to be at least a few of the more active folks on this website who could put together a bang-up show--I mean just look at some of the great TR's and videos that pop up here all the time--anybody? Ivan?(With commentary like no one else) Klenke? Steph? Layton? Wayne?etc...

Small things matter. If your car broke down in Duval, it would be nice to have a down coat like this one eh? I twice gotten that 4 x 4 there stuck within a mile of that pic, and there's no cell service. Perhaps we can do something similar for Redpoint as well?

Are you suggesting we steal their car, and get it stuck in the snow?

We all wish you well, Eric. I don't know the industry but do you think the thief could actually unload his haul at a climbing gym or shop? Wouldn't the owner of such enterprise face losing their newly purchased "inventory" through the law enforcement process?

On reflection, I do have a little bit of advice although it may not be anything you haven't already thought of. Talk to more than one, and preferably more than three attorneys and give great weight to the average of their recommendations. Attorneys come in all shapes and sizes (and we could divert this thread into ten pages of spirited "discussion" if we were to go down that path) but the one who tells you what you want to hear may not be the one you want. This is particularly true if they are not willing to take your case on a contingency.

Eric,

Don't overlook pawn shops. I had a full rack-plus stolen just a few years ago in Spokane. The fuckheads sold it to a Boise pawn shop owner--Broadway Pawn--which I didn't discover until more than a couple years later (but did discover it because of the good folks on this site). So whoever stole it could be trying to sell it to a pawn shop many miles away.

Sounds like your best lead is the video. Best wishes for a favorable outcome for you.

--Steve Reynolds, Spokane

I am an attorney and do not really think you need one. You need to find where the ratbags that did this dumped the loot. Then go to the local cops and prosecutor (it helps if you cn hand them conclusive evidence that it is your stuff, should be easy with help from this site). If the prosecutor is reluctant then get a LOCAl attorney with some pull to makee him an offer he can't refuse.

I am an attorney and do not really think you need one. You need to find where the ratbags that did this dumped the loot. Then go to the local cops and prosecutor (it helps if you cn hand them conclusive evidence that it is your stuff, should be easy with help from this site). If the prosecutor is reluctant then get a LOCAl attorney with some pull to makee him an offer he can't refuse.

For an attorney, you are not as elegant with words as one would expect.

Edited by SemoreJugs

For an attorney, you are not as elegant with words as one would expect.

LOL