Collest PNW town.............

climberted

Eastern Wa. aint to bad climate wise, but having spent some time in E. Wenatchee you might want to look else where. With all the chemicals that have been sprayed in the orchards for the last few decades, It's finally taking it's toll on the population. Some of the most grizzly murders have taken place in that town in the last couple years from the good neighbor next door. Some time location isn't worth the risk.

Winthrop is pretty sweet too, but not much work in the winter, unless you can get on at the BIG lodge. Great biking in the summer and close to some serious winter climbs.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Rookie of the Year:

Outside Magazine voted Bellingham the best outdoor sport city in the country.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to school in Bellingham and had a rough time leaving. If you can find a decent job, the people are incredible, not to mention that you have one of the most outstanding mountains in the country for BC, or just in bounds skiing/snowboarding. And it's rough to find anything even close in quality in terms of climbing to Squamish, BC; just an hour and a half away, plus there's Manning, Hemlock (on a really good year), and all of the BC mountains that rock! From what I've gathered (not my own experience), Squamish is the next best thing to Yosemite for all around, but then that's all NW people talking. And to whoever said that the college girls are ugly, they obviously didn't hang with our crew team! WOW! Oh wait, I was on crew, so I'm included.:)I strongly suggest you check out the area. Whatcom County is absolutely magnificent!

Mazama/Winthrop was the coolest place I've ever lived. Man when goat wall freezes... Easy place to become single, stay single. On the downside, the best way to become a millionaire there, is to move there with 2 million.

Edited by syudla