Collest PNW town.............

climberted

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Ellensburg, WA. Small town with a college. Lots of rock climbing potential in Leavenworth, Frenchman Coulee and the Yakima crags. Close to the cascades and skiing, mountaineering, etc. It's located on the east side so the weather (in my opinion) is better than the rain on the west side. Four seasons (hot in the summer, cold in the winter) but not much in the way of snow. Also, if you're into fishing Ellensburg is near some of the best in the state. I have no idea what the cost of living is.

Bellingham Sucks!!! There are no jobs here, the college girls are all ugly (except my girlfriend of course). The local rock is complete choss. The rivers are either too high gradient or totally flat and there is no climbing scene. The bike trails are mud puddles 10 months of the year. Save yourself the effort and move to Tacoma, the real jewel of the Pacific Northwest. wink.gif" border="0[big Drink]

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: avypoodle ]

Stay away from the PNW altogether and move a town in the Rockies. Though I have to admit the coolest place I've been is Bishop, CA. Every type of climbing or or outdoor pursuit is less than an hour away. Right next to Whitney and the Sierras, da Valley, and Toulumne. Near J-Tree and the Utah desert. Bad ass. Just no jobs at all.

Tacoma, like Matt P himself, is effortlessly cool.

There's a reason why it's called "The City of Destiny" and "The most wired city in America" (in terms of communications, household cable internet, etc.) Tacoma continues to improve while Seattle moulders in the manner of the eastern seaboard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by scott harpell:
just wonderin winthrop twisp was my kida town.... but what are the climbing stats there? how far to alpine and rock.....and what kidns...thanks in advance
[big Drink]

if you have to ask, then you probably dont want to go there......goat wall and fun rocks in mazama.....will provide the unassuming alpinist noting, where as washington pass and all its golden horn granite will rock your world......

But, if you did live in Ritzville, you'd likely be self employed, and minutes (!) from ice climbing. If you did live in Forks, you'd probably be a logger, and able to kick any climber's a$$ with one hand behind yer' back!

Just the facts of life, Seattle.. only sayin'... [big Drink]