O.B.A.M.A.

Lars

How come regressives had no misgiving for 8 years of daily trampling of the constitution by Bush and his minions, yet now they claim to be undecided about the supreme court's decision to sell the republic to the highest bidder. What a bunch of hypocrites. Free speech my ass. Who believes these serial liars anyway.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come regressives had no misgiving for 8 years of daily trampling of the constitution by Bush and his minions, yet now they claim to be undecided about the supreme court's decision to sell the republic to the highest bidder. What a bunch of hypocrites. Free speech my ass. Who believes these serial liars anyway.

i somehow doubt that you haven't read "the prince"

A long time ago and since I learned that the end never justified the means, primarily because they condition the result: acquire power through thuggery and deception, and you'll be certain to govern like a deceiving thug.

Very similar to a statement of Ghandi's; "Impure means result in impure ends.", and "immoral means will contaminate the ends." ( in "Ghandi On Non-Violence", by Thomas Merton)

--Not that we can expect to see things done according to Ghandi anytime soon; but well worth reading nonetheless.

Edited by Mtguide

Please tell us where and when this has ever been less so the case than here.

as if we needed to get into all the well documented suppressions of the minority-lower class vote by regressives over the years, stolen elections like in Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004, the systematic swift boating of candidates and elected officials by attack media financed by regressive billionaires, the worsening lack of political education of the public by dumb corporate media that pander to the lowest common denominator, the low voter turn out over the last ~50 years compared to many democracies, etc

Note that many of these practices are totally absent in many advanced countries. Northern Europe comes to mind.

p.s. Also note that I didn't even mention your favorite style of political thuggery, fear-mongering and red-baiting, which has been a constant since the 2nd world war.

Edited by j_b

Please tell us where and when this has ever been less so the case than here.

as if we needed to get into all the well documented suppressions of the minority-lower class vote by regressives over the years, stolen elections like in Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004, the systematic swift boating of candidates and elected officials by attack media financed by regressive billionaires, the worsening lack of political education of the public by dumb corporate media that pander to the lowest common denominator, the low voter turn out over the last ~50 years compared to many democracies, etc

Note that many of these practices are totally absent in many advanced countries. Northern Europe comes to mind.

Fair enough. But I doubt you'll find institutional corruption "totally absent" in Scandinavian countries. In any event, the political ills you condemn here are far worse--and much more personal--in the rest of the world. I doubt the standards you envision are possible--or even entirely desirable. For what it's worth (your endless proclamations of membership in the 'educated classes' notwithstanding) your spelling is just downright awful. You should be embarrassed. Seriously. I suspect you may not even realize that you are part of the LCD you so often criticize.

goon.

Word of the day? Ya know, I think I actually like it better than "neanderthal". :tup:

he's been using it for years.

indeed, it has long been the best descriptive for red-baiting goons like you two. It's very simple: falsely accusing your critics of being marxists/commies/terrorist lovers has always been your only "argument". You are the equivalent of cc.com's Glenn Beck.

he's got a limited vocabulary to go along with his limited ideology

clearly, ridicule isn't fatal for I presume you are still standing.

what do you expect from someone who justifies the systematic minority vote suppression, stolen elections, red/race-baiting, etc ... with a "I doubt the standards you envision are possible - or even desirable". Dimwits like Fairweather rejoice in the political thuggery used by a small regressive minority to control policy.

"I'm still on the fence"... about corporate domination of the State. :lmao:

right, but he isn't on the fence about the unitary executive, spying on americans' communications, daily fear-mongering in the corporate media, torture and denial of habeas corpus, "free speech zone" (think fenced areas where protesters can't be seen or heard), illegal preemptive raids on anti-corporate protesters, an undemocratic senate that systematically denies the will of voters, etc ...

the goon is either a liar or simple-minded.