This Week's ALPINE BUDDY

Dwayner

As we all know, this web-site generates a real mix of ill and good will. In attempt to tip the balance a little more toward the latter, I think it would be nice once in awhile to add some appreciative comments about some of the good folk out there. Today, I would like to nominate Matt P. as this week’s Alpine Buddy.A few days ago, “pope” referred to Matt P. as “effortless cool”. I agree. For those of you who have been going to those Pub Club things, you will know that Matt P. is often the rare sober voice of reason and regularly offers excellent climbing advice. In honor of this fine gentleman, I would like to give a few examples of why I think Matt P. is cool:

Matt P. is so effortlessly cool that he coaches Eskimos.Matt P. is so effortlessly cool that people “in the know” consider him the sixth member of the Rat Pack.Matt P. is so effortlessly cool that he’s been approached to be the national spokesman for Altoids.Matt P. is so effortlessly cool that the Cheetos Cheetah takes notes.Matt P. is so effortlessly cool that the hole in the ozone layer doesn’t form over his house.Matt P. is so effortlessly cool that Brad Pitt calls him for advice about babes.Matt P. is so effortlessly cool that many prominent rappers are changing their names accordingly, for example, “Vanilla Ice” is now “Vanilla Matt P.”; “Ice Cube” is now “Matt P. Cube”.

Keep up the good work, amigo!. See you some Tuesday. - aloha, Dwayner

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I agree with your Alpine Buddy selection.

I hereby nominate: panther as Alpine Ragemeister

Always friendly and cooperative to others in the mountains. tongue.gif" border="0

Gives useful beta to fellow climbers tongue.gif" border="0 (like bring 5 camalot #5s for that finger crack)

Is inspirational and gives insight to your climbing potential. Even if it is a death route tongue.gif" border="0

Sprays like no other!

panther is a member of the KTK.

My "alpine buddy" is Retrosaurus, for keeping the overzealous bolters in check throughout NCW. There is comfort to be had knowing Retro is around to police my favorite areas. AND you've just got to admire a guy who drives three hours to Washington Pass, leads all the pitches on Liberty crack and drives home the same day. In addition, he leads ice I struggle to follow and cruises 5.11 cracks in mid-winter. Plus, he's a great Dad to three kids. Here's a riddle for you. What do you call Retro when he rolls his kayak trying to follow me in 5 ft. seas?

A wet-nurse. grin.gif" border="0 Made myself laugh.

Sorry, you'd have to know him to get this.

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: kevin page ]

Matt P. is so effortlessly cool that the first time I rode in his truck, I found a can of whoop-ass on the floor. It was an actual can! He claimed it was just a sports drink he bought at a 7-11, but I think it was his secret spinach.

Matt P is so effortlessly cool that on a climb up Blueberry Hill he claimed to be packing lunch for both of us and I needn't bring anything. When we got to the top he pulled out a bag of meat and a cigar. Seriously, bag-o-meat. No pre made sanny from the wife, no multi-grain slices of select loaf. Just meat and smoke.

Matt P is so effortlessly cool that his topo of Dreamer is the only one worth bringing and he gives it to you for free.

There are countless other reasons why Matt P is so effortlessly cool.

Right on Matt P! I can't think of a better "CC.com Alpine Buddy."

[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

Mattp is so effortlessly cool he needs to keep his car defroster permanently on, even in August, in Arizona.

Mattp is so effortlessly cool he needs a gloves to keep his beer from freezing.

Mattp is so effortlessly cool he leaves a trail of microscopic ice particles in his wake.

Mattp is so effortlessly cool that even if he tries to be a dick he just comes off as being standoffish.

Mattp is so effortlessly cool he he will only do uncredited voiceovers for commericials.

Mattp is so effortlessly cool that he has been asked by the Hawaiian Bureau of Tourism not to return.

Cavey Cavey Cavey, Didn't you see this was supposed to be thread of peace and love? A heartfelt attempt by Dr. Dwayner to bring some positive vibe to this site? Could you please, like, mellow out. What's with all this rage? The impending move got you stressed? Perhaps the funny cig/cancer cig ratio is dipping? Wassa matter puddles? Can we help?

Chuck

p.s. Mattp's cool is so effortless he don't even needsunglasses. cool.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:
Cavey Cavey Cavey, Didn't you see this was supposed to be thread of peace and love? A heartfelt attempt by Dr. Dwayner to bring some positive vibe to this site? Could you please, like, mellow out. What's with all this rage? The impending move got you stressed? Perhaps the funny cig/cancer cig ratio is dipping? Wassa matter puddles? Can we help?

Chuck

p.s. Mattp's cool is so effortless he don't even
need
sunglasses.
cool.gif" border="0

There was a trolling effect from Max and Lamebitch! Peace to everyone else!

I'd like to dedicate the Panther theme song to my bro Captain Caveman and kindly remind all non well wishers that Cap C is my bro and I don't take kindly to FUCKERS cappin on my bro's...

I've got a knack for fucking everything upMy temper flies and I get myself all wound upMy fuse is short and my blood pressure is highI lose control and I get myself all wound upTension mounts and I fly off the wallI self destruct and I get myself all wound upPetulance and irritation sets inI throw a tantrum and I get myself all wound up

I lose myself and I'm all wound upPetulance and I'm all wound upI lose control and I'm all wound upI lose myself and I'm all wound up

quote:

Originally posted by panther:
It's funny how some people are so brave on the internet but then when they find you standing there next to them on the ledge they tend to just shut right the fuck up and never make mention that they post on this site. My guess is that you'd be one of those....

No shit!

Shit yeah! You ain't kidding. If you guys are as scary in real life as your anonymous net personas are on CC.com I'd be quiet as a meek little girly mouse. I'd try to be totally anonymous and not use my real name.

Chuck

p.s. I was serious about the "scary" shit.

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:
Shit yeah! You ain't kidding. If you guys are as scary in real life as your anonymous net personas are on CC.com I'd be quiet as a meek little girly mouse. I'd try to be totally anonymous and not use my real name.

Chuck

p.s. I was serious about the "scary" shit.

I have no issues with cool people that understand I am mostly having fun. Its the aholes like Lamebitch that will lie there and bleed belly up if they talk shit when I aint even talking to or about them. My guess is he dont want any cuz I will snap his spine like a twig. No problems with you Chuck....

BTW a list of people I am scared of:panther Charlie

In the favorite climber's booze discussion, Matt P. comments as follows, thus once again demonstrating that he is effortlessly cool: "Personally, I prefer scotch, fifteen years old, with an icicle in it." Sho beats my Mickey's with the Vienna Sausage backwash!

- Dwayner

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:My Alpine Jerkoff award goes to Lambone.

He instantly jumps in and belittles me...

Fuck off once again
uninstigated
bitch.
mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

kind of the pot calling the kettle black, huh?

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: max ]