Palin on FOX

Would you bet $ Sarah Palin will be sacked from Fox News before the end of the year?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you bet $ Sarah Palin will be sacked from Fox News before the end of the year?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been my experience that the Kumbaya folks care about people close and far, and that terms like 'Kumbaya' and 'elitist' provide excuses for not giving a shit about anyone but number 1. And the fucked up alcoholic Uncle Joe as an example of someone you should 'care for'? WTF is up wit dat?

The Trolley Problem: A trolley is running out of control down a track. In its path are 5 people who have been tied to the track by the mad philosopher. Fortunately, you can flip a switch, which will lead the trolley down a different track to safety. Unfortunately, there is a single person tied to that track. Should you flip the switch?

Palin on Fox is a good thing. It'll either rub in what a bunch of idiots most republicans are, or it'll be a driving force that'll make the republicans reform their party.

In the old days the Republicans had folks like Dan Evans. The guy was pro environment and actually fiscally conservative. Lots of folks from both parties admired him, but that was then. In the modern time you could never trust a Republican to do more than pay lip service to monetary policy, and the oil lobby pays them to screw the environment.

No End in Sight

Jesus godfuck, and I thought I was Hard to Kill.

"You know, I'm not going to close any doors for my future, for my family's future - don't know what's in the future, what it holds, but between now and whenever a big decision has to be made, I'm gonna do all that I can to help our country get back on the right track,

Like, use a paid position in primetime media to run a presidential campaign, something for which I believe there are restrictions?

and that's to get a message out there about solutions that I believe and a whole lot of Americans believe need to be plugged in,"

The best thing for her to "plug in" is battery operated. :sick:

Palin on Fox is a good thing. It'll either rub in what a bunch of idiots most republicans are, or it'll be a driving force that'll make the republicans reform their party.

In the old days the Republicans had folks like Dan Evans. The guy was pro environment and actually fiscally conservative. Lots of folks from both parties admired him, but that was then. In the modern time you could never trust a Republican to do more than pay lip service to monetary policy, and the oil lobby pays them to screw the environment.

Dan Evans stood up to the extreme Republican right wing of his day, the John Birch Society. In the spring of 1966, at a meeting of the state Republican committee, in his speech before the conference,he hewed to a moderate line on the environment, upheld responsible fiscal policy in the form of corporations paying their fair share of taxes, and resisted efforts from the far right to weaken protections on wilderness, rivers, and wildlife, and fair wages. He supported additional funding for education at all levels, and kept tuition at state universities and colleges to a very affordable level. And he refused to allow a number of proposals, or "planks" from the John Birch Society to be included in the party platform. Among these was a strident call supporting more aggressive US involvment in Vietnam, which was just beginning to really get rolling at the time. All in all, Evans was very fair and bipartisan,one of the best governors Washington ever had.