Climbing Shuksan in November

keystone

I have airline tickets in hand and the vacation days have been blocked out for the 2nd of November through the 7th. I had my sites set on the Fisher Chimney, Northface or the North Rib route. With all the weather thats rolled in and accumulating snow down to 3000' , am I wasting my time on these routes or are there still oppertunityes for climbing on Shuksan. I would appreceate some guidance... And if that guidance is find a tavern and pull up a bar stool, that's okay too...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree that November is a difficult time to climb a high peak in the Cascades, but I would not necessarily say it will be impossible. These peaks do in fact get climbed all year, and you might get lucky enough to hit a weather window and find reasonable snow conditions although your chances would be much greater in August, or even May. If you are coming out here anyway, keep an open mind. As a general rule of thumb, the best time for you to climb just about anything is the time that you can get there.