kevbone

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not testing you here, just genuinely interested.

BS....

no man, i know i've flung poo, but i was curious about your learning. i couldn't figure out what it was, so i asked.

like, was it that you learned what kinda shoes he wears, or that he tries hella hard, or he keeps truckin, or yells a lot, or what. or that the euros shout a lot of encouragement and speak european. i don't know what it is, and you are playing coy. i am simply curious, sincerely.

Mostly what I learned after viewing this MULTIPLE times (and of course you get an improved understanding every time you watch)....is that Chris (yeah, even though we've never met, I feel like I know him well enough for the first-name reference)....Chris...Oh my gosh, he just doesn't quit! I don't think the word impossible is known to this man-child! Just makes me wanna throw the Gri-Gri in the car and go fling myself at my project RIGHT NOW! If I ever see him down at the Vertical World, I'm gonna just walk right up to him and hug him. And I'd do that, because he seems so REAL, you know? Like, I mean....he's like this total icon and everything and yet I'll bet he's the kind of guy who would just indulge a totally anonymous guy like me in some fascinating conversation. God. GOD! That's it, I'm outa here. I'm heading out to Exit 38 RIGHT NOW!

That's what I learned. BTW, the route he's climbing, is that an old bolt ladder? Anybody know?

what a fuckin' douchebag you are...

More poo flinging.....

ok ok i read your original post and it didn't have anything to do with what you learned, only stating that someone might learn something.... my bad. just a case of miscommunication, that's all! wires crossed. misunderstandings.

FWIW, my son watches literally hours of top end bouldering and climbing on Youtube...i really do believe that its helping his climbing...he sees what is possible, and climbs very efficiently, rarely regrips holds and moves very very quickly and dynamically with big lock offs (relative to his height...)

Well, it looked like Dwayner could do it if he really wanted to...

Off White...always thought you were a cut above such comments. I guess I was wrong. Just another ignorant member of the school-yard wolf pack! Enjoy it all, "moderator"!

bully.jpg

BTW: 5.15??? Usually a sport-climber's version of siege climbing. Rehearse,fall rehearse, fall, rehearse, repeat as necessary...weeks later (and time well spent! :crazy:), there y'go! Here comes 5.16!

Off White...always thought you were a cut above such comments. I guess I was wrong. Just another ignorant member of the school-yard wolf pack! Enjoy it all, "moderator"!

bully.jpg

BTW: 5.15??? Usually a sport-climber's version of siege climbing. Rehearse,fall rehearse, fall, rehearse, repeat as necessary...weeks later (and time well spent! :crazy:), there y'go! Here comes 5.16!

all i can say is that offwhite should really really be ashamed of himself for this level of bullying. grave-robbers are much more sensitive than commonly believed. in fact, they are seemingly about the most sensitive individuals on the planet. or at cc.com at least.

but, i digress. what we were really talking about was the kabbalah. or is it cabbala? no one seems to have come up with a definitive spelling. it has something to do with the old testament though. and care bears.

bully.jpg

all i can say is that offwhite should really really be ashamed of himself for this level of bullying. grave-robbers are much more sensitive than commonly believed. in fact, they are seemingly about the most sensitive individuals on the planet. or at cc.com at least.

but, i digress. what we were really talking about was the kabbalah. or is it cabbala? no one seems to have come up with a definitive spelling. it has something to do with the old testament though. and care bears.

:lmao::tup:

BTW: 5.15??? Usually a sport-climber's version of siege climbing. Rehearse,fall rehearse, fall, rehearse, repeat as necessary...weeks later

Rain....please tell me what is wrong with this style of climbing? Besides the bolts....because I have sieged the hell out of certain cracks that I wanted to send....all on gear.

BTW: 5.15??? Usually a sport-climber's version of siege climbing. Rehearse,fall rehearse, fall, rehearse, repeat as necessary...weeks later

Rain....please tell me what is wrong with this style of climbing? Besides the bolts....because I have sieged the hell out of certain cracks that I wanted to send....all on gear.

O.K. dude...I'll try to explain it simply. I kind of like you even though you come off as Forrest Gump with typing skills...Actually I think you're smarter than most people around here give you credit.

It's like this...can you walk up to a 5.9/5.10 and get your fat body up that thing? Good for you! You're a 5.9/5.10 climber. Now if you did that same climb, and had to rehearse the difficult moves over and over again until you got it wired, is that the same same thing as having the ability to approach it and do the route because you're up for it? Are you now a 5.9/5.10 climber? I don't think so. I believe the same thing about many of these so-called "cutting edge" routes. Most of them require weeks of rehearsal, that is, siege climbing, which in my book, at least, is not the same as having the ability to "on-site" something because you have the developed strength and skill. Early in my climbing career, if someone was "free-climbing" a route, and hung off the rope: "hang-dogging", they were often booed and told to come back when they were up to the challenge. I happen to agree with this philosophy. I also believe that even you, Kevbone, can climb 5.12 and above given enough rehearsal time. It might take you months,rather than weeks, but you might very well pull off a 5.13. And for those who claim that sport-climbing and hang-doggin' has allowed them to get strong enough to do hard routes, there are enough indoor gyms around these days to help you "get strong" where there's no excuse to express your inadequacies on real rock by siege climbing. Can't do the route without falling? Pull the rope and start over or come back when you're good enough, but don't equate free-climbing with siege climbing....it's an illusion of numbers. There still aren't alot of climbers who can do anything 5.13 or above without resorting to rehearsal. Does it hurt me if they want to spend their lives that way...spending a month rehearsing a 50 foot climb? No, I just think it's pathetic. Even if it's done on trad gear. Don't confuse the abilty to on-site with the abilty to to rehearse a climb into submission. It's quite a boundary. But folks should recognize it for what it is. Just my opinion. Carry on, 'bone.

I imagine a climber that can lead a 5.15 after practice can probably walk up to any 5.13 out there and lead it on site.

Using your example of hangdogging a 5.9 I'd agree they shouldn't call themselves a 5.9 climber. They are pushing their envelope though.

If you keep pushing the envelope and climbing a lot in general you will get better. I'd agree that somebody who monopolises a route deserves a boo, but if they're out there trying to get better and climb harder loud cat calls are just plain rude.

Early in my climbing career, if someone was "free-climbing" a route, and hung off the rope: "hang-dogging", they were often booed and told to come back when they were up to the challenge.

"Boo. Booooo. Booooooooo."

"wtf, are you trying to scare me?"

"No, I am booing you because you are hanging on the rope. Booo. Boooo."

"Oh. Carry on then."

"ok. Booo. Boooooooo."

O.K. dude...I'll try to explain it simply. I kind of like you even though you come off as Forrest Gump with typing skills...Actually I think you're smarter than most people around here give you credit.

It's like this...can you walk up to a 5.9/5.10 and get your fat body up that thing? Good for you! You're a 5.9/5.10 climber. Now if you did that same climb, and had to rehearse the difficult moves over and over again until you got it wired, is that the same same thing as having the ability to approach it and do the route because you're up for it? Are you now a 5.9/5.10 climber? I don't think so. I believe the same thing about many of these so-called "cutting edge" routes. Most of them require weeks of rehearsal, that is, siege climbing, which in my book, at least, is not the same as having the ability to "on-site" something because you have the developed strength and skill. Early in my climbing career, if someone was "free-climbing" a route, and hung off the rope: "hang-dogging", they were often booed and told to come back when they were up to the challenge. I happen to agree with this philosophy. I also believe that even you, Kevbone, can climb 5.12 and above given enough rehearsal time. It might take you months,rather than weeks, but you might very well pull off a 5.13. And for those who claim that sport-climbing and hang-doggin' has allowed them to get strong enough to do hard routes, there are enough indoor gyms around these days to help you "get strong" where there's no excuse to express your inadequacies on real rock by siege climbing. Can't do the route without falling? Pull the rope and start over or come back when you're good enough, but don't equate free-climbing with siege climbing....it's an illusion of numbers. There still aren't alot of climbers who can do anything 5.13 or above without resorting to rehearsal. Does it hurt me if they want to spend their lives that way...spending a month rehearsing a 50 foot climb? No, I just think it's pathetic. Even if it's done on trad gear. Don't confuse the abilty to on-site with the abilty to to rehearse a climb into submission. It's quite a boundary. But folks should recognize it for what it is. Just my opinion. Carry on, 'bone.

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg