[TR] Another Hyalite-Cody Trip Report - 12/26/200

wayne

Trip: Another Hyalite-Cody Trip Report -

Date: 12/26/2009

Trip Report:

[video:vimeo]8545475

Over the Xmas-NY break, Lane and I took a break from life to get some ice in at Hyalite for 4 days then hit Cody for a precision strike on the Moratorium.

Hyalite:

Day 1, Finished the drive and ran for laps on The Fat one WI 3. Very Fat and great warm up.

Day 2 Palisade Falls-Left WI3, Right WI4 and Far Right-WI4-M4/5. Sun for a couple of hours, very fun except a big crack noise at the base.

Day 3: The AWESOME Thrill is Gone WI4 M4. Picture below..Fun in the sun, Laps a must. Bonus route: Elevator Shaft WI3+. Close by

P1010302.jpg

Day 4: Mummy Cooler 2 WI3+ , Scepter WI5, Running pretty wet. Got soaked went back to dry out.

CIMG2380.JPG

Day 5: Drove To cody

Day 6: The Moratorium WI4+, Just incredible 2 pitch route!

CIMG2381.JPG

All Smiles, worth the drive!

We got in 12 pitches/laps on 7 waterfalls. Had a great time climbing and meeting a couple ccers!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the thrill definitely has way more ice than what we saw.

what's known about the partially bolted route just to the left?

here's a hack job of a picture combo i made of scott (cold iron) climbing and helicoptering off it. the pictures were taken from two different vantage points. sorry, the contrast isn't stellar.

last time we looked before he fell he was half-way up the ice smear above. the yellow arrows on the photo are bolts, the orange - scott's pins scott_s_fall.jpg

p.s. i love the razzle-dazzle on "palisade falls"

the thrill definitely has way more ice than what we saw.

what's known about the partially bolted route just to the left?

Davidk nailed it: sharp dressed man. ~5 clips to a fixed nut (sketchy) then natural gear (spectres in moss and choss, then stubbies) to the top. The rock climbing is around 10a and the run-out on top feels like m6 or so but I've heard of peeps trying to drytool the whole thing and calling it m7+