Where are good plaes to find used gear...Koflach

sleepyq2227

I'm climbing Denali in june and having trouble finding boots that fit well. Scarpa don't seem to fit. The LaSportiva may be an option. But I've used Koflach in the past w/ great results. And I'm thinking that if I can find some used Koflach Degree in about size 11 and combine that w/ an Intuition custom liner I may be all set and comfy. Thoughts?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or just get the Degre (because it's cheaper overall), but upgrade to the Intuition liners. Nearly 1 lbs lighter than the stock liners, and significantly warmer. Many owners of the Expe do the exact same thing. Intuition liners are the best on the market.

As far as sources, this board, Summitpost, and MountainProject are good resources.

SierraTradingPost has some amazing sales on boots right now, but sizes and selections are limited. The Raichle Expedition and the Sportiva Nuptse are the two boots listed right now that are appropriate for Denali.

Good luck!

Outer shells fit two different sizes. Koflach would just put a different inner insulation for the different size feet. If you decided to go with the intuition liner (I recomend it) you may have more flexibility in the size you are trying to get.