Lodging around Mt Hood

Patrix

In January or February I plan on climbing Mt Hood from the SS Hog's Back route. Can anyone recommend a campsite open this time of year or any cheap (<$100) hotels near Timberline Lodge and Government Camp? I'm trying to keep this trip as low budget as possible. Thanks!

-Steve

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't find anything available or cheap that close to Hood at this late notice. I tried to get something nearby five months out and couldn't find anything. I would reccommend Best Western in Sandy, just 40 minutes away.There is a supermaket right next door that makes great subs that taste great on breaks up on the mountain.

try the mazama lodge. i am pretty sure non-members can stay. if they have space, it will fit your budget. my apologies if I am incorrect about allowing access for non-members. However, I am absolutely sure that they do have partnerships with other climbing clubs that allow you to stay there (if the general public can not).

Here's the Mazama Lodge page and online booking:

http://www.mazamas.org/your/adventure/starts-here/C184/

At the bottom of the page is a chart of the other club memberships which allow you access to the lodge. If you're not a member of any of these listed clubs you can just join the Sierra Club (for $15) and it'll still be cheaper than most other locations on Mt. Hood.