OLD PRO

richard_noggin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those boots are to cool.

The have seen some serious use in their day. Looking at the bottom is seems they have been re-nailed a number of times. An interesting note is that they are quite small, like ladies boots.

Would love to know about whomever used them.

Edited by Pilchuck71

I went to jtree with some young punks from the gym. We stopped in at the climbing store where they have a museum wall of old hexes and rigid stem cams (friends). My buddies pulled me over, saying, hey, Mark, how come they got your rack on the wall? Honestly though, the only friend I still carry is my 4. It's a great fit between the 3 and 4 camalot if you are on a long offwidth like Moby Dick in the valley.

to the OP, There is rock around, it's just cold. I climbed at 38, interstate park a week ago. It was dry, and we needed puffy coats but we had fun. Vantage can also be survivable this time of year, watch the forecast wait for a sunny day when it's not in the teens.

Anyone recall the Forrest Titon range? I have #1-#13, and have several doubles in my vintage collection... I had thought they made a #14 and/or #15 as well. $hould have kept ALL my old catalogs!

While briefly on the Titons... My original Titon rack (late 70's) were color coded anodized at least up to #9 and the smaller steel sizes painted. I was told these anodized and painted versions were a very limited production run. Anyone know that tale?