Is it the fact that we die...

RuMR

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your consciousness was in fact eternal your time here in the physical plane would ultimately be an infinitesimally miniscule portion of your existence (--> 0) rendering it essentially insignificant. I prefer to think that my daily existence as I experience it is important and has value to me.

what happened?
an aunt who was a second mom to me just passed away christmas day.

Aw, man, Rudy...so sorry to hear about your dear Aunt. That had to be a hard hit, losing someone so special and on Christmas day to boot. Those of us who have been lucky enough to have "second moms" can especially understand the heartbreak. All moms are a gift. Hugs to ya, pal. :kisss:

My condolences.

I still think about my mother who died on Aug 15. Who she was. How she lived.

I think death reminds us that life is worth focusing on. Making the most of it really matters.

It is our personal experiences and relationships that define us.

Cheers to your Aunt.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for your loss. I lost my mom over the holidays too, after a long illness. Kinda takes the cheer out of Christmas. I am reminded of something the late Tony Curtis said years ago: "I would like to live my life so fully, that when the grim reaper sneaks into my house, like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal."