Partners needed for novice

Dan_Larson

I will finish the mountaineers basic climbing course this weekend and would like to hook up with more experienced climbers .classes and field trips included knots , belay, rock1, rock2. snow 1, snow2, glacier travel and crevasse rescue. Anyone interested in helping me build up my experience and move to the next level.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Mounties offered tons of outings for you folks? Go on as many of these as you can and market yourself.

Buy them beer, whatever.

Better yet, grab one of your fellow classmates and go out yourselves. Hopefully they taught you most of what you'll need to know there in the Mounties. Do it again and again. You NEED time on the rock and the only way to get it is to do it. Go top rope at Exit 38, Marymoor, or the rock gyms.

Whoo weeee! 'at mofo a damn sight touchy ain't he? Slap ma fro!

"Hey Tyrone, woncha ride me dem blades up on da zip line no?"

"Hell nah punkass! 'mon down heah n snatch dem mutha up ya damself!"

Weh weh, ain dat sumpin?! Me strech out on 'em dam hooks, he sassin' me like he dun lead dis damn A5!

Seriously though: Dude, (yes Dude, because I'm tempted to call you something else) chill fucking out. Although you are the king of the world, you are digging yourself a hole faster than a coked-up backhoe in a peat bog. Pencil Neck tries to give you a little friendly advice and you jump on him like he was fresh pussy in the county pen.

At first, I had hopes for you: Sought some formal instruction, motivated, wanting to lead, confident...all good traits. Charm is a good trait too, and they say Ted Bundy had that in spades. If you're that hair-trigger at a keyboard, I'd hate to see you on the sharp end.

One piece of unsolicited advice: either lose the 'tude, or buy some draws and lycra.

I've been following your bull on the site "WILL" and who gives a shit what your b.s. "THINK YOUR SOMETHING ELSE" ASS So go impress someone else with your "I am a guide" Unfortunatly it apparently doesn't stop you from becoming a complete moron.

Dan, you sound a nice, friendly and even-tempered kind of guy I could stake my life on. Maybe we can be "partners" and "climb" together. We all know names never hurt anyone... but what was it about sticks? er, rocks? Oh yeah, stones...