• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Kane

Granite Gear Packs

So its time for a new pack for climbing and I am looking for some reviews on granite gear packs. Specifically the Granite Gear Stratus . Honestly I've not had good luck when it comes to packs, and I think one thing that I have learned is not to go"light" and skimp on comfort. This one I do like becuase of the Front access, and also the clean design. Does anyone have have any input? How are the GG frame designs. Gotta say it looks comfy to me.

I just bought that same one from ebay!

... Just kidding. I have a partner in SAR with that pack. He doesnt use it for climbing but he likes the easy front access and it seems to be holding up fine. You should get it fitted at a place like REI before you post your bid to make sure it fits n' everything.

Edited by RokIzGud

Yep I agree with everyone. Great packs. I've used the status (80 Liters I believe). More like a Rainier pack or backpacking pack. Fits greats. No complaints whatsoever. I've also used the alpine pack which is comfortable, but it lacks a frame and padded hip belt so it isn't as comfortable. Good luck.

I like them we have a couple they have a bag like an ultralight but a full suspension. Light and comfortable what more could you ask for?