Body Fat Testing

Kimmo

All of the methods short of immersion are based on averages which don't apply as well to people with athletic body types.

You could probably figure something out with a spring scale and a garbage can full of water though if you really want to be cheap...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm i had the feeling haston was serious about his 800/day diet, but i think my strategy's gonna be eating light and mainly raw foods (including raw fish and some kitfo mmmmmm), drinking only fresh juices on some days every week, and eating some whey protein powder in fresh juice before and after workouts. mebbe 500 cal one day, 1500 the next, depending on activity level.

oh, and no beer, starting feb 1st. fukinay. crazy dorky shit all this i say!

• 7 months later...
anyone know where to get accurate ie. water immersion body fat testing in seattle? 24 hour fitness does it once a month for $50, but couldn't find anywhere else.

The question you really need to ask is "why the **** do I need to know my body fat?"

Seriously, there is no functional purpose other than for clinical assessment of obese individuals, or for those who are extremely lean or anorexic.

If you are a highly athletic male, BF less than 8% can actually be dangerous, and for females this cutoff is 12-14%. Remember, adequate fat percentages support the production of testosterone, and this is critical...

• 10 months later...
Seriously, there is no functional purpose other than for clinical assessment of obese individuals, or for those who are extremely lean or anorexic.

If you are a highly athletic male, BF less than 8% can actually be dangerous, and for females this cutoff is 12-14%. Remember, adequate fat percentages support the production of testosterone, and this is critical...

:rolleyes: yeah tell that to any elite athlete in the endurance sport game.