HELP for a Purchase @ Vancouver MEC !!!

Rafael_H

Hi. I "woke up" too late and no shipping could do to get me a pair of picks before this upcoming weekend.

Will anybody please help me purchase a pair of Cascade Picks for Nomic ice tool at Vancouver MEC? (tel. 604.872.7858). MEC web page, Product Number: 5014-186.

The best way to exchange would be to meet in Lillooet during the Christmas weekend, or I can make a stop in Vancouver. I will pay cache or arrange purchasing at MEC in advance. And if ice climbing in Lillooet - the dessert is on me! :)

I would really appreciate any help!

Rafael

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of a minute ago Vancouver had 4 Cascade picks on the computer but couldn't find any in person. Everything was a Astro that the salesperson could actually find and put an hand on...and only 3 of them at that.

FYI the Astro and Cascade are virtually the same pick just longer more pronounced teeth and more of them on the Astro. They are both a nominal .130" on the pick end. Few minutes with a file and a grinder (careful now) and the Astro would climb ice as well or better than a Cascade.

Something like this....

abu.sized.jpg

Not my preference but something easily done in the car on the drive up with just a hand file.

Much of this kind of stuff I have or will have on hand at coldthistle.com and available immediatly for locals.

In this case the Cascade Nomic picks are getting hard to find and order. I offered my personal set to Rapheal as long as he promoses to stay out of any boats :).

as of January MEC has a new climbing hardware buyer who actually climbs ice. exciting times :rolleyes:

It won't help much with the desk staff though, who not only don't know anything about ice-climbing, but also are incapable of reading hang-tags. I find the most successful tactic has been to go to the desk and ask them to bring out every single pick they have in inventory, and search through yourself to find what you need.