[TR] Ingall's Creek - Falls Creek Falls & No Rest for the Wicked 12/12/2009

rat

Trip: Ingall's Creek - Falls Creek Falls & No Rest for the Wicked

Date: 12/12/2009

Trip Report:

i went hoofing around ingall's creek over the weekend. after wacking up craig and mark's fine route, grey falls, i went looking for a sabbath day objective. enroute back down the trail i tromped over to falls creek falls and found the right side, as far away from the roar as possible, in wi4 shape. a couple hundred yards of exploration farther up the drainage didn't produce more ice so i hooked right into the forest and down a ridge to the base. this is a high-flow waterfall located in a localized terrain trap (lots of older avy debris). future parties will probably prefer to rap off a tree or v-thread(s). approx. 100' in length. located about 20 minutes from ingalls creek trail and easily combined with grey falls.

bill gaines and i returned on sunday and hiked approximately 1 mile farther up the trail from grey falls to another nice 3 pitch route, "no rest for the wicked". look for it on the south facing slope near the west edge of a severely burned patch of conifers. pitch 1: >60m wi2/3 depending on your line. short slope to pitch 2: 60m wi4-/4 up cauliflowered pillars in the center (our line, probably wi4), or slightly easier to the left. short slope to pitch 3: 60m wi3. walk off to climbers' right.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic