Joe's a Liar

ZimZam

LOL...Lieberman, representing the state of Connecticut which I seem to recall is known as America's insurance industry capital. No connection there, I'm sure! :rolleyes:

Lieberman was for universal healthcare and/or a national healthcare program like congress for everyone as recently as 2006 when he campaigned for the senate.

http://www.dailykos.com/tv/w/002298/

"Lieberman has long been one of the industry’s favorite players on the hill, accepting more than $1 million in campaign contributions from the insurance industry and more than $600,000 from pharmaceuticals and related healthcare-products companies. But his ties run deeper than that. His wife Hadassah previously worked for two lobbying firms, Hill & Knowlton and APCO, handling matters for their healthcare and pharmaceuticals clients."

http://harpers.org/archive/2009/10/hbc-90005996

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like, say; acupuncture? :shock::rolleyes:

What? Now you're bashing acupuncture?

I once had a beginning student (she was near the end of her first year in acupuncture school) relieve my pain from a torn elbow tendon sustained while rock climbing. I've had other less dramatic and in some cases not even noticeable results -- but over the years my acupuncture experiences have been comparable in effectiveness to my doctor visits, expensive scans, and medicines with side effects when it comes to pain issues. And the cost has been less than 1/10th as much for the same results.

Do you know anything about Acupuncture?

---

By the way: Joe is a liar.

Main Entry: placebo effect

Function: noun

: improvement in the condition of a patient that occurs in response to treatment but cannot be considered due to the specific treatment used

: improvement in the condition of a patient that occurs in response to treatment but cannot be considered due to the specific treatment used

I repeat my question. Do you know anything about it?

The American Medical Association's statement:

American Medical Association statement

In 1997, the following statement was adopted as policy of the American Medical Association (AMA), an association of medical doctors and medical students, after a report on a number of alternative therapies including acupuncture:

"There is little evidence to confirm the safety or efficacy of most alternative therapies. Much of the information currently known about these therapies makes it clear that many have not been shown to be efficacious. Well-designed, stringently controlled research should be done to evaluate the efficacy of alternative therapies."

Specifically regarding acupuncture, the AMA cited reviews conducted in 1992 and 1993 that stated there was not enough evidence to support acupuncture's effectiveness in treating disease, and called for further research.

Maybe that was before his fellow Democrats FUCKED HIM IN THE ASS.

You were the one saying he had integrity, which is clearly a lie since he has been fighting tooth and nail against what he stood for during his campaign.

For the record, Obama endorsed Lieberman for reelection against a strong progressive candidate in 2006 and left him with his committee chairmanships in the senate despite his support for McCain during the campaign (one among many back-stab).

no Matt, all he knows is it's some hocus pocus treatment that's been used for hundreds of years by little commie China-men, therefore, no need to learn more about it much less try it fir himself. His insurance company gives him a little pill and a big bill and is better; at least, the symptoms go away, temporaririly of course... :rolleyes:

The American Medical Association's statement:

American Medical Association statement

In 1997, the following statement was adopted as policy of the American Medical Association (AMA), an association of medical doctors and medical students, after a report on a number of alternative therapies including acupuncture:

"There is little evidence to confirm the safety or efficacy of most alternative therapies. Much of the information currently known about these therapies makes it clear that many have not been shown to be efficacious. Well-designed, stringently controlled research should be done to evaluate the efficacy of alternative therapies."

Specifically regarding acupuncture, the AMA cited reviews conducted in 1992 and 1993 that stated there was not enough evidence to support acupuncture's effectiveness in treating disease, and called for further research.

HEY KOOL AID!!!!!!!!

Blah, blah, blah. And Obama was once a strong proponent of single-payer. Where's your outrage over his lack of integrity? You're ok with it for now, because you know the not-too-well-kept secret: He still does--and we don't.

Quit lying. I have been all over Obama's betrayal in these pages as recently as today.

I have no idea what you are commenting on, Fairweather but, yes, I do have some outrage over Obama's lack of integrity.

Unfortunately, he's mired in American politics and I will cut him some slack for selling out to the Defense industry, pharmaceuticals, and a host of other institutions that it appears you support over your own interest.

In my analysis, he is better than just about any president I can remember.

Blah, blah, blah. And Obama was once a strong proponent of single-payer. Where's your outrage over his lack of integrity? You're ok with it for now, because you know the not-too-well-kept secret: He still does--and we don't.

Not sure what you mean FW as jb has all kinds of various complaints about Obamas various bait and switches and the other lack of integrity kind of things Obama has been doing if you will. JB's posts on this all over the spray threads. jb's been pretty consistent on bashing Obama on some of these flip flop issues I think.

For the record, Obama endorsed Lieberman for reelection against a strong progressive candidate in 2006 and left him with his committee chairmanships in the senate despite his support for McCain during the campaign (one among many back-stab).

Newsflash, tool: Obama doesn't run the Senate or hand out chairmanships.

I have no idea what you are commenting on, Rairweather but, yes, I do have some outrage over Obama's lack of integrity.

Unfortunately, he's mired in American politics and I will cut him some slack for selling out to the Defense industry, pharmaceuticals, and a host of other institutions that it appears you support over your own interest.

In my analysis, he is better than just about any president I can remember.

Weren't you the one defending acupuncture a few minutes ago?

Seriously, Fairweather. Do you know ANYTHING about acupuncture?

This is where you do that repeat thing you're so fond of, right? No matter how many times your question is answered, you just keep assssking? Look, I'm glad it works for you--but it has no scientific roots.

So I take it the answer is "no." You could save a few keystrokes.