Ice/Alpine Tools - Camp Awax

coug4

Camp Awax Ice Tools, leashes, extra leashes, extra pick, removable rests - $250

Selling a pair of Camp Awax ice and alpine tools. Used for one season on water ice in Montana and the Volcano ice routes in the Cascades. I purchased these as my first set of serious leashless tools because they can be configured four different ways for leashes/leashless waterfall and alpine climbing. As a leashless tool they have a detachable pinky rest, excellent clearance and a great swing. (Detach the rest for alpine plunging.) A set of semi-leashless wrist leashes (from Camp, not home-made) allow you to quickly hang from the tool while placing protection. It's a nice compromise if you want the extra support. A set of standard leashes can be attached if you would like to use them in a traditional configuration or as leashes in the Alpine (essential). Finally, I have used an umbilical of my own making (not included) for alpine climbing where loss of a tool would be disastrous.

These tools are one of, if not the, lightest tool on the market. They swing and stick better than most other tools and the package includes an extra pick with hammer. Although the tools have some scratching the picks are in excellent shape with only minor resharpening. They have not been used for dry-tooling. I have added extra padding to the grips for a better feel when climbing leashless (can be easily removed for smaller hands).

What you get:

2 Camp Awax ice tools (one with an Adze pick and the other with a Hammer pick)

One additional Hammer pick

2 removable pinky rests for leashess climbing

2 Camp semi-leashless leashes

2 Camp standard tool leashes

Multiple pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/adventurephotosMT/CampAwax#

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting that link. I just ordered another awax from that site. Good price, and great service. I made a mistake on the address and sent an email. With in 5 minutes I got a call about making the correction at 9 pm tonight. He also ended up having some of the "fangs" to make them leashless. Awsome!