Barrabes restrictions

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by IceIceBaby:

Is anyone notice that Barrabes doesn't sell anymore Sportiva's and the Petzl, Chucky- Mo's are not for sale outside the Euro market. Now, how about that!!
[Moon]

That's due to pressure from the US distributors of those brands. Try to get those same products from MEC and you'll have problems getting them shipped south. Same deal: it's the US distributors raising hell about unfairness. I guess their thinking is along the lines of "free market be damned". Or "curse the strong dollar".

In my personal dealings with LaSportivaUSA, they're dicks. Way too much Boulder attitude from those folks. After the splinter from TNF a couple years ago during the TNF restructuring, it's been downhill service. It pisses me off too, because La Sportiva footwear are great products and it's what I wear on the rock. But I've gone to Tecnica for ice footwear. Tecnica: they're very friendly and helpful and the products are light and durable.

That’s what I hate, a bunch of whiners that ruins it to everyone

What an A holes. now we will have to shed the cash we don’t have to buy overpriced equipment. Just because that the jerks in La-Sportiva USA and Petzl USA say that Barrabes doesn't play fair…. Boo Hoo…

Freaks… Lower you prices and we all get along

[Razz][Razz][Roll Eyes][Moon]

• 2 weeks later...

telemark-pyrenees = $$$ shipping... emailed them asking about it, and they promptly replied to my comment about expensive shipping, and said they are working on it (and to buy more shoes at a time) [smile] and wished us a happy 4th of July...

Jumar.net, lots of sizes if you don't mind waiting a bit, and $7.00 shipping (air mail) if you don't mind waiting a bit more... Hey, I'm in no hurry...

Sport Extreme = once again, limited sizes.

[ 07-04-2002, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: icegirl ]

Icegirl?

What was the product?

Here Is my math

Product : LaSportiva Nepal top Extreme

Telemark peranees

223.24 Euro

shipping via DHL (3 Days to your doorstep) : 54 Euro

total = 277.24 Euro

euro=0.98656 as for 7/8/02

277.24 Euro=273.553 USD

Jumar:

$252 USD

shiping via mail (two weeks minimum) $30 USD

total $282 USD

[Razz][Razz][Razz][geek][big Grin]

Yeah, makes it a little less friendly to have to price shop and compare (and include shipping) at EVERY different overseas mail-order place for each purchase, but in the end, I guess if I really didn't care about money and supporting, well, you know... I'd just buy 'em at REI... (and I'd just climb plastic in the gym, and be DAMN proud of it)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Keep going to REI to try that stuff on before ya buy it from the Euros computer geeks that don't know a splitter from a splinter. Just don't go to the little specialty shops to get the scoop and the local beta to go buy shoes on line cuz that don't pay their bills and you end up asking the little guys to move out of the area. I do find it interesting that the first employees were amazing climbers and informed atheletes and now it seems that the majority of the staff are gumbies and gapers that will suggest an afternoon at Si and some clips @ 38 for some real climbing [Roll Eyes]

• 1 year later...
bellemontagne said:

Those darn French!! We save their asses in WWII and how do they show their appreciation? They make us pay more for Putzl and Chucky Mo gear.

(but Barrabes is in Spain??)

Blame the Americans, its they who are forcing Barrabes to stop shipping to the US, not the other way round.