[TR] Mt. Hood - Ramona Falls 12/10/2009

benb

Trip: Mt. Hood - Ramona Falls

Date: 12/10/2009

Trip Report:

How many of you have stood their and thought "I wonder if that freezes" I have been patently waiting for this to work our for ever. When I discovered the gate to the trailhead open and there was very little snow down that low, (3,400). It just worked out.

I left the parking lot at 12:15 this morning. The hike in was uneventful. There are a bunch of trees over the river so crossing could be as scary as you wished. The trail had only a couple inches of snow in the deepest parts. I woke up to James and Trent WooHooing when they saw the falls frozen over.

We got geared up to take a look. I liked the looks of the Right Chute and decided to give it a shot. I placed six screws used a tree anchor and tied off up top on a tree. James followed me up. We were so stoked. We rappelled down Rap Line leaving a top-rope for some more fun.

I went up Rap Line on top-rope. James went up Main Line on TR. Trent climbed Rap Line, pulled some gear off the anchor, and we headed home.

Such a Sweet Adventure

IMG_6842.JPGIMG_6852.JPGIMG_6842.JPG

IMG_6802.JPG

IMG_6790.JPG

Gear Notes:

My pack was heavy!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic