cham3s.com

i bought some atomic tourguide superlight skis from them recently. i also bought poles and the bill (incl shipping) was 340 euros (USD 300). they didn't have the poles i wanted and it took them a week to tell me that, so i called them to ask what was up and they said the order had already shipped. it shipped by french post and then fed ex so it took about 8 days to get here.

i would reccomend this shop if you can't find what you need at barrabes (whom i have used) or T-P (whom i have used twice). they have a vast selection and you can buy out of season gear anytime of the year. some advice; call in your order (at midnight pst), make sure they have your stuff in stock and ask when it will ship. you'll get better results that way. Nathalie (the only guy i dealt with) spoke perfect english.

when my package arrived there were some really nice Ti leki makalu poles inside that cost 13 euros more than the ones i was charged for. i look forward to rapping off them in an epic retreat someday.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same experience with them. For some reason they don't think that its important to alert the customer for not in stock scenario (a French thing I guess). I ordered front points 3 weeks ago only to hear that they will send it tomorrow (Haa??). In addition, they have raised the price of the shipping to a point that it is almost comparable to the American market!!! Now, couple this with extremely long shipping time... I do not see the advantage of buying from them any moreIn the past I have dealt with www.sportextreme.com and www.Barrabes.com with no problem. But cham3s is a whole new creature. Let's wait another week and I will give you an update (as it for me I don’t think I will deal with them ever again and I wouldn’t recommend then to anyone else)

rolleyes.gif" border="0

[ 03-19-2002: Message edited by: IceIceBaby ]

yes, they are doing business the french way it seems. you just need to know how to deal with them. they got on the ball pretty quick once i started calling instead of emailing. my shipping on skis and poles was $25, that's 5 days longer and $25 cheaper than skis from T-P.

quote:

Originally posted by Zenolith:
My shipping on skis and poles was $25, that's 5 days longer and $25 cheaper than skis from T-P.

Yeah man,But did u see their most recent shipping fees structure hardly there is any item below 50 Euro that is about $45 pretty steep in my book While on the average everybody else charges 30% less

rolleyes.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0[hell no]

[ 03-19-2002: Message edited by: IceIceBaby ]

As for dealing with the French, Telemark-Pyrenees (no spell check), I went to their website, ordered the stuff I wanted, got a confirmation a few hours later via email, the package four days later, and a letter thanking me for the purchase. Sorry to hear about the cham3s.com thing, I almost ordered through them, but didn't.

TTT cool.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...