Lost Crampon on Mt. Hood

Major Major

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I found a single Grivel g12 crampon on Mount Adams last year. It's for the left foot. I brought it to Bozemen once to give it to some guy and he never picked it up, so it ended up back at my house in Seattle. If you're missing the left one and its the same model (or it'll work for you) you're welcome to have it.

It so happens that I'm also driving down to the Three Sisters area tomorrow, so if you live somewhere on my intended route, perhaps we could meet. If you get back to me tomorrow before say, 1 or 2 PM we can probably work something out.

major,

I too found someone's runaway Grivel many moons ago and would love to pass it on to somewhere productive. At this point I'll need to find out where I stashed it but if I find it and it's the correct foot, you're welcome to it (and we're local).

Stay tuned, will take a look this week.

Chris

Chris, I know this sounds crazy, but you might actually have my other lost pair of crampons that I lost probably 3 years ago (from what I remember). I had strapped them to my pack and was coming off an avalanchy mountain in haste. Classic 'womp-womp' sounds occured at every step. I was definitely not concerned about losing equipment. These were the less advanced grivels that fit all boots (no device to clip in on the back).

Thats a real bitch. I would be pissed.

Pissed that someone lost it or pissed that I found it?

If the latter, please stay off the high horse until you ask if I tried to return it to someone:

My post in the OR Cascades forum asking if anyone lost a poon (which was cross-posted in the CC.com Lost and Found forum as well)

Never heard a peep...

If the former, peace.