Sasquatch, Big Foot, and Yetis

JosephH

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of you have ever seen a lynx, and were positive it was a lynx not a bobcat? I've seen bobcat and cougar, but the lynx is a sneaky fellow. I'd love to see a lynx in the wild. I dream of hiking deep into the forest in the snow someday and searching. Here is something interesting... Lynx info Washington Lynx

I don't know many people who have seen a cougar even. There are about 2,500 in washington according to fish and game. My brother was freaked out the first time I told him that we were being watched and followed. But soon it seemed all too fun to know how close they were at times. We spent lots of late fall and winter last year looking for cougars. Was cool to find a warm dead small dear once after following tracks for 8 miles in the snow. Was cool to see tracks that weren't there an hour before. Was cool to know it was right above us on the hillside at times. But I didn't see any in the many many days we spend looking.

I once saw a cougar just laying there watching about 5 of us climbing. He was fully content to just watch. Couple other brief views, I swear that they know when you see them and are gone instantly if they wish.

Another thing, how many black bears do you see a year? I can count 3 in the last 6 months. Never was looking for them. I think there is like 25000 in washington. Bears have big feet, make noise, and curious towards the smell of food. Also some peoples bigfoot descriptions match black bear behavior in many cases. Too many idiots in the woods that don't belong. These people have lots of fear of being in the woods. Too many people view it as a dangerous/scary place these days. Once it turns dark they are on edge. Probably the same people that will shoot a cougar if it showed itself.

In close to fifty years of wilderness travel in every state west of Kansas, plus BC & Alberta, I've had the great fortune to see two cougars in the backcountry, eight grizzlies (five of these on a ten-day caribou hunt in AK), and I once had a small black bear sniffing around my head on an open bivvy in the Yosemite backcountry. A former manager of Leaveworth's Der Sportsman once swore to me that he'd seen a sasquatch near Lake Wenatchee. Can't say I've seen any shred of evidence to support the sasquatch stories. Yet, from my formal training in logic, I'm also aware that it is virtually impossible to prove the non-existence of anything. These days it seems practically commonplace for "primitive" fishermen to turn up with catches of sea-creatures the "experts" told us were extinct since before humans existed, so I guess I'll remain "agnostic" about sasquatch.

In close to fifty years of wilderness travel in every state west of Kansas, plus BC & Alberta, I've had the great fortune to see two cougars in the backcountry, eight grizzlies (five of these on a ten-day caribou hunt in AK), and I once had a small black bear sniffing around my head on an open bivvy in the Yosemite backcountry. A former manager of Leaveworth's Der Sportsman once swore to me that he'd seen a sasquatch near Lake Wenatchee. Can't say I've seen any shred of evidence to support the sasquatch stories. Yet, from my formal training in logic, I'm also aware that it is virtually impossible to prove the non-existence of anything. These days it seems practically commonplace for "primitive" fishermen to turn up with catches of sea-creatures the "experts" told us were extinct since before humans existed, so I guess I'll remain "agnostic" about sasquatch.

this is my general approach to all religion. in fact, i find atheists just as annoying as people of religion. belief in both the existence of g(G)od and the lack there of require a proof that no one can give. might as well try to define the limits of infinity.