Avocado ...

LostCamKenny

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm. So look, pretty much no one's going out on these cold and windy days but us chickens. And no one but one of us is heading out there and up with a hammer and funk. Again, I sure would appreciate a heads up on that pin, putting it back, or dropping it off at Jim's - thanks.

P.S. Dave, good to see you keeping after that free stuff; Windsurfer is a solid go...

i wouldn't hold out much hope dude, but who cares, it's just a pin - i gotta an old booty one you can want if you wish and i wouldn't be so sure it's someone you know - as mentioned in this thread, we all saw some folks we had no clue on wailing on blown out in full on conditions and i bet you coulda got that thing out w/o a hammer or funk anyhow

who replaced the webbing on the wind surfer anchor? it's nice they left both steel rings.

i wouldn't hold out much hope dude, but who cares, it's just a pin - i gotta an old booty one you can want if you wish and i wouldn't be so sure it's someone you know - as mentioned in this thread, we all saw some folks we had no clue on wailing on blown out in full on conditions and i bet you coulda got that thing out w/o a hammer or funk anyhow

Again, it's a pin that was very well suited to the purpose there - way, way better than a Bug or LA. Yeah, I hear you other folks might come out and free climb, but not with a hammer and funk - and that pin was not coming out easy even with a hammer and funk.

who replaced the webbing on the wind surfer anchor? it's nice they left both steel rings.

That is nice, but it didn't need replacing - none of the anchors currently need sling replacements.

JH, you're welcome to paw through my stuff and see if there is a suitable replacement anywhere in that pile of crap someplace (I have some strange soft Eurotrash somewhere I believe)- you'd be welcome to it....I'd be afraid that whomever wanted the first one might think the 2nd one was worth lifting as well though.

...you're like a child, who wanders into a conversation...you have no frame of reference...you are out of your element here ....life does not start and stop at your convenience kevbone!

huh? someone could say ur lerkin in the same way. just sayin...

That pin was an add-on. In other words lots of climbers have climbed that route and belayed from that same place with no pin ever. Why the huff now that it is gone?

JH don’t fear change!

I fear change

YW has already substantially and steadily changed over the years as loosening rock has been trundled and will continue to do so. Change happens.

YW_Before_and_After1.jpg

And the 'before' photo here on the left is itself an 'after' photo due to the late night launch, just a few months earlier, of the large stone that was in front of those. The ones you see here that were trundled are what now make up the foundation of the new base of the climb. It's a new base because that bottom-most rock in the 'before' picture filled the dihedral for about twelve feet and, when dropped, sliced through the old base on it's way cartwheeling over the trail and down the hill.

...you're like a child, who wanders into a conversation...you have no frame of reference...you are out of your element here ....life does not start and stop at your convenience kevbone!

it's time for an agonizing reappraisal of the whole scene - you're fired, crimper... awful jackass!!

kenny, please.

it's time for an agonizing reappraisal of the whole scene - you're fired, crimper... awful jackass!!

kenny, please.

ivan, i want you to hit me as hard as you can...