2 day skin and sleep this weekend?

eternalX

A few of us are looking for ideas for this weekend. Had planned on doing a couple runs up table mountain and then camping out on the backside that night followed by a couple runs the next day before heading back to seatown.

Problem is that the snow looks crappy for the weekend. Hard packed and chunky. We want to get out and to do a split-boarding adventure (or x-country ski) including a camp in the snow but now am lost on what to do? Ideas? Baker area seems best for good snow coverage and we have access to a cabin on Friday night

Reading another TR below, it seems the heliotrope ridge might be some good fun? With 200" of snow I'm thinking everything should be filled in, right?

Would love to hear any suggestions. Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading another TR below, it seems the heliotrope ridge might be some good fun? With 200" of snow I'm thinking everything should be filled in, right?

I haven't seen conditions personally, but this time of year be careful even if there has been a lot of snow, esp. since there hasn't been much the past week or so. Baker has some seriously massive slots...