Mid week..now till the weather changes?

Dane

Looking for an experienced partner for one day or multi day trips locally mid week. Mixed and ice in Enchantments, or the climbs on or around Snoqualimie come to mind.

Direct line of NY Gully and the original Pineapple Express lines are on my immediate to do list as are several easier routes on Dragontail. I could be climbing tomorrow morning....hell I should be climbing now :)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice cold snap running through with an overnight low in ltown of 22.

When I saw the moon rising tonight I couldn't help thinking about some monekeys who must be loving life up at Colchuck lake right now. Full moon tomorrow, better go get some.

Dane- I could be up for stuff near der Worth, but would have a tuff time with anything longer/further than the Funnel or the slab that ices over on Pearly Gates, cuz my time window = from about 0830 to about 1400 (I drive a school bus to keep the bills paid). Not much available within reach, yet, but that could change by next week with the current forecast. PM me if yer interested. Icicle Butt-rest gets some fun mixed lines, but nothin' there at the moment 'cept hints of verglas...

Spoiler here: Jens and Cole scratched their way up the Gerber/Sink yesterday. Hopefully they'll post some pictures and a TR. What stuck in our minds was Jens. "never swung a tool all day." Emphasis...no ice and all day! Nice work guys!

10 degrees F last night ( or a bit less) and for us International folk that is like -12 C...and pretty damn cold for 8.5 hrs of sunshine that didn't happen today. No inversion..cold up high, and cold in the valley...just a bit less cold. Nice moon though!

Gravel for the first 2 miles or so of the road, maybe a bit less.

Lots of snow from there. No rain event up high obviously. Just lots of powder snow on rock. Character building stuff...which I try to avoid :)

Anyone been into Snoqualimie yet? Hopefully they did get some ice build up during the rain events in Nov.

Sounds pretty typical, actually... The most ice I've ever seen on Dragontail's NW face was the weekend after Memorial day about nine years back. Early winter, that wall is usually pretty dry. Had a GREAT time on the Gerber-Sink the last weekend in April about four years ago -- pioneered an alternative start up a very tiny thread of ice that went at about WI5, meeting up with the G-S maybe 500'up. April to June most years offers loads of opportunities from Dragontail to Stuart. Pioneered one on Stuart that was easier (WI3-4)last Memorial Day, located between Stuart Glacier Couloir and the NW Buttress - climbed the right-most of three undocumented gullies on that wall, all three of which I've seen well-iced from April to June the last few years... plan on bein' up there again next spring...

FWIW - verglas is thickening daily on Icicle Butt-Rest and the Candlestein Crags (a name from the old Beckey guide - I forget what Victor calls the cliffs between Rainbow Gully and Careno Crag) the Funnel is coming in rapidly -- much of this could be pretty entertaining by next week...

hey Dane,was in the north side of snowquamie pk yesterday P.E/N.Y had a sneeze of snow on the prominent ledges nothing to get jazzed on althogh we did do some "adventure climbing" on a feature that seemed to host the most..

Edited by Taluscat