Watts Talks

G-spotter

Awesome. When will they be in stores?

Chad

My understanding is Jan. 9th. We received a copy from the publisher and it's going in the mail to a cc.com gear review slut for a full review. I've only had a few minutes to look at it since I just walked in the door but it's impressive.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Watts and climbers like him that put up routes ,putting in the work and money to leave a legacy of classic climbs for the rest of us to enjoy.

So true....but this thread was so much more interesting with pope and raindawg around.

It would be interesting in spray where it belongs so we could poke :poke: insults at each other.

:fahq: kevbone just let it go!

:wave: Mr Dick Head

Thanks to Watts for the long awaited new guide, thanks to all the route setters that give their time, hard work and money to put up routes for the rest of us and a special thanks during the holidays to Jon and the Mods for running a class act, a site that is loose enough to be fun but not so loose that the wingnuts get out of control.

Alan .... you deserve alot of credit for your contributions to climbing , met you a few times back in the 80's when I had moved to Oregon from Yosemite and was impressed with your humility as well as the routes you had put up , always nice to see a good person do great things....credit where credit is due.

Was wondering...do you seriously get gripped on 5.8's ?

goin on 50 this year myself.

Best to you Brother

All of this was completely predicted by those who attempted to dissuade climbers like Mr. Watts, who I think should assume responsibility for where rock climbing has gone in the last 25 years.

Okay, you've convinced me. So here it goes, "I assume responsibility for where rock climbing has gone in the last 25 years." Glad to get that off my chest.

Seriously, thanks to everyone for the words of support on this website. I won't contribute often, but I'll check in every now and then. Everyone has their opinion, and after all these decades it doesn't really bother me when people want to view sport climbing as the downfall of the sport. Same as it ever was.

But I have to admit, I just don't have the spirit for the argument that I once did. It's one thing sitting down and spending hours talking with climbers like Kauk and Bachar back in 1986 about the pros and cons of what would later be called sport climbing. Those guys are/were class acts who lived what they argued every single day at the crag. We had some great discussions about the pros and cons of the new branch of climbing. It's quite another thing 25 years later debating modern-day traditionalists whose main contribution to climbing is arguing their views on cascadeclimbers.com.

It's funny, but if I ever had a chance to share a beer with guys like Pope and Raindawg, I'm guessing that we'd find more common ground than differences.

Seriously, thanks to everyone for the words of support on this website. I won't contribute often, but I'll check in every now and then.

no problem, alan! :) you're enough of a legend for me to want to listen to what you got to say. besides...

It's funny, but if I ever had a chance to share a beer with guys like Pope and Raindawg, I'm guessing that we'd find more common ground than differences.

...the best part of climbing - that I've found - is the camaraderie developed out of a disagreeing acquaintance!

happy holidays! :brew:

All of this was completely predicted by those who attempted to dissuade climbers like Mr. Watts, who I think should assume responsibility for where rock climbing has gone in the last 25 years.

Okay, you've convinced me. So here it goes, "I assume responsibility for where rock climbing has gone in the last 25 years." Glad to get that off my chest.

Seriously, thanks to everyone for the words of support on this website. I won't contribute often, but I'll check in every now and then. Everyone has their opinion, and after all these decades it doesn't really bother me when people want to view sport climbing as the downfall of the sport. Same as it ever was.

But I have to admit, I just don't have the spirit for the argument that I once did. It's one thing sitting down and spending hours talking with climbers like Kauk and Bachar back in 1986 about the pros and cons of what would later be called sport climbing. Those guys are/were class acts who lived what they argued every single day at the crag. We had some great discussions about the pros and cons of the new branch of climbing. It's quite another thing 25 years later debating modern-day traditionalists whose main contribution to climbing is arguing their views on cascadeclimbers.com.

Very well said Mr. Watts! Congrats on pushing the limits of the sport and developing routes that countless others have enjoyed.

Happy Holidays!

Very well said Mr. Watts! Congrats on pushing the limits of the sport and developing routes that countless others have enjoyed.

Happy Holidays!

Cheers to you Alan.

All well said. As with most arguements, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I wonder if this could be arranged. I for one would love to read a trip report from Pope or Raindawg about a trip to the pub with Alan Watts.