Yulefest

tvashtarkatena

at Ballard's Nordic Heritage Museum. Scandinavians may well be responsible for 90% of the useless chachki on the planet. I'm convinced that they raided the coast of Ireland not to rape and pillage, but to force the locals to buy butter cookies and lawn gnomes.

The folk dancing made me want to invade a village with a Panzer division.

But the sweaters. Yeah. Unfortunately, I can't afford a second mortgage right now.

And the fuckers invented skiing, so there's that.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HIGH-OCTANE GLOGG

Time: 10 minutes

1 quart aquavit

2 bottles inexpensive dry red wine

1 bottle ruby port

5 tablespoons sugar

4 cardamom pods

12 whole cloves

12 allspice berries

1 cinnamon stick

1 cup blanched, slivered almonds

1 cup golden raisins.

Combine all ingredients but almonds and raisins in large enameled or stainless steel pot. Bring slowly to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar, and heat just until liquid starts to steam, about 10 minutes. To serve, place a couple of almonds and raisins each in small cups and ladle glogg over.

Apparantly the good shit they put in a boat and shit it around the world a couple times. Its called Linea Aquavit bacause it goes past the equator (the line) a couple times.

I asked the big Swede why they do that and his answer was something to the effect of thats how we know its aged long enough.

Is it just me or does that not make any fucking sense?

Apparantly the good shit they put in a boat and shit it around the world a couple times. Its called Linea Aquavit bacause it goes past the equator (the line) a couple times.

I asked the big Swede why they do that and his answer was something to the effect of thats how we know its aged long enough.

crazy sveeds!

Well, then the Norwegians pick up the firecrackers, light them, and throw them back.

A swedish truck driver got his truck stuck in a tunnel while driving to norway. a norwegian came up to the swedish truck driver and said why don't you let the air out of the tires? The swede looked at the norwegian angrily and said, "the truck is stuck on top."

It does not make any sense, because it's Swedish.

If you want good Akavit, try the Danish stuff. Look for the Aalborg label.

Aquavit is some nasty shit.

the more people that don't like it, the better.

More for me... :crosseye::brew:

have you ever gone to scanfair and entered the pickled herring eating contest? its a real spectacle for the non-swede or any non-scandinavian for that matter..

I went to Scanfair the first year I lived in PDX. I thought it was kind of boring, and well, way too many Swedes.

I never saw the sild (pickled herring) eating contest. I like Sild, but I don't think I would ever try to eat more than one jar full at a time. Well, maybe if it was the curry variety. that stuff ROCKS!