Evos or Koflach Degre Plastics for Cali Winter

Dhamma

I have a new pair of Nepal Evos and some plastic Koflachs Degrees i got off ebay for like 120. Obviously the Evos are way lighter and more manuverable and the plastics feel a big sloppy, but I'm not sure about how warm the evos are as I've never had them out in winter. I know the plastics are super warm (though you sacrifice a bit of precision). what do you guys think? which would you take up winter alpine and snow climbs in cali? specifially shasta and palisade climbs. thanx

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both boots are warm enough. The Koflachs are likely over kill. But it really depends how much time out you are planning to be out. Couple of days and the Nepals should be fine. Any more than that in cold weather and I prefer a dbl boot simple because you can dry (or at least try) them out every night.

Evo is an exceptional cold weather/ moderate winter boot though and doesn't absorb much water in my experience. You might find they work well for your intended needs past a couple of days.