Pro Mountain Sports in the U district

Pencil_Pusher

Yeah, heh, so much for BD looking out for REI by not selling stuff to FF just across the street. Uh, or something like that. Whatever. I've heard that minimum inventory thing before (did it get posted in this thread sometime back in antiquity perhaps) and it sounds like it might ring true...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I may be wrong about the minumum order thing, but I know for sure that usualy a shop can only get the special deals on stuff if they order in bulk.

I always just half paid attention to the buying stuff, while reading climbing mags and leaning on the counter bigdrink.gif

Expensive, yes. Overpriced, not necesarily, it depends on what you are willing to pay for quality. The mark up on certain things, like gloves and stuff is too high, but thats common.

Over rated..., I'm not sure what you mean. I think BD gear deserves the praise it gets. I know I like all my BD stuff, alot. The only thing I don't like about BD is how much of their stuff gets recalled.

I second Lambone on BD. I like nearly everything that BD makes. Sure, my Drytool gloves started falling apart, but I whipped out the sewing machine and sewed that seam up good. Their ice tools are really nice, though I don't know about their crampons. Their pro is the shit. I love their biners. And I have never had any of my gear recalled. thumbs_up.gif

TLG is doing well, but pms doesn’t have work for her now. Business is slow here, I think corporate America is taking over. Please support the small shops when you can. Maybe we don’t stock and sell as much merchandise as rei, but as long as we can pay the bills then we’re happy. We get to meet some cool people and are always well equipped when we get to play. For now bd is banned here, but cc is encouraged.

I support the small shops. I had some bad experiences with overseas euro shops. They're too damn far away to deal with if you don't get what you want. Besides, I only buy expensive stuff when it is on sale. So the price difference isn't that big. wave.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I've never seen them at any other shops before but i just picked up a couple tiny sewn 2 footer Mammut slings. These things are so thin that when you see the strengh rating is the same as a regular sling its amazing. I used this sling with a couple Kong Heliums and its the lightest sling draw I've ever seen. thumbs_up.gif to PMS for carring awesome lightweight gear.

TimL said:

I've never seen them at any other shops before but i just picked up a couple tiny sewn 2 footer Mammut slings. These things are so thin that when you see the strengh rating is the same as a regular sling its amazing. I used this sling with a couple Kong Heliums and its the lightest sling draw I've ever seen. thumbs_up.gif to PMS for carring awesome lightweight gear.

Marmot and Feathered Friends carry these 8mm slings too.

I don't think they should wear any faster then a normal spectra sling...

Check 'em out and post a review in the new gear review forum...

Pro Mountain Sports also has these slings in stock...and all the other cool stuff that you could ever want... bigdrink.gif