WTB: AT ski-setup! (or pieces of one)

Stime

Looking to put together a used AT set-up for this coming winter/spring. I'm finally making the transition from booting up big hills to skiing up/down.

I'm not listing any price I'm shooting for to get it all together, but as my first setup, I'd rather not spend too much and figure out what I want differently down the road.

Let me know which pieces you may have laying around. Does not have to be a whole setup. I'm willing to piece it together.

I'm in the market for:

• Skis - I figure in the 175 cm range
  • Bindings (preferably with the skis) - I like the Dynafit bindings but I realize it will limit boot options
  • Boots - I wear a size 10.5 men's shoe (US)
  • Climbing skins
  • Poles of some sort

Post or PM me with what you have, I can google things from there.

Edited by Stime

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to second ascent in Seattle and got my set-up brand new for around $900. thats boots, AT bindings and boots. check them out!

Sweet! Two pairs of boots in that package for $900? That IS a good deal. Feathered Friends also has some skis from a couple seasons ago still on their wall at some huge discount. Call 'em up. Plus it's also worth asking the staff at the shops if any of them are upgrading their setups and have older gear they are selling personally.

I've got an old school (mid 80's!!) pair of Kastle randonee skis, with bindings. Still in great condition. No boots, no poles, but the bindings are mounted, fully adjustable, and have the heel step for climbing. Bottoms and edges appear to be scratch free! I bought them used a few years ago and never used them. I was planning on giving it a shot this year, but just bought a split board instead.

I also have a pair of skins i can throw in. Not sure if they fit, I bought them seperately for 20 bucks and never attempted to see if they work.

50$ for all. nice and cheap to get you going till you get a newer set!!

I have a Dynafit setup for you. Not sure what you wanted to spend but it's an awesome setup. 180cm Atomic Heli Daddy's w/ Dynafit Comfort's and skins cut to fit for $575. Everything is in excellent condition. Let me know if you are interested. I don't check here all that much so send me an email if you are interested. I can get you pics too.

bumskibum@gmail.com