In Portland

snowleopard_x

My favorite place is the Mountain Shop. 628 NE Broadway st. (503) 288-6768. Jeremy is the manager, an outdoor wizzard and expert ski-mountaineer (once skied the Newton Clark Headwall on Mt. Hood! Yikes!). Generally good customer service overall too. www.mountainshop.net

Oregon Mountain Community is located in downtown Portland. 60 NW Davis (503) 227-1038. Mixed CS IMO, but Steve there works part time and doubles up as a USFS Climbing Ranger on Mt. Hood. I'll try to look up their website.

ClimbAxe at 3314 SE Hawthorne is a small store and a distrubitor for other local shops. Pure climbing stuff. Chris is the manager there. www.climbaxe.com

US Outdoor Store is a downtown store stuffed full of clothing and some gear. 219 SW Broadway, (503) 223-5937. Mixed customer service has been my luck here. But they have a full website (albeit slow) www.usoutdoor.com

For the greatest deals on samples, slightly used and pre-owned gear, The Next Adventure on 426 SE Grand (503) 223-0706 is superb. Owned by two very hard working guys. If you come to Portland you have to check this place out! www.next-adventure.com

And of course there are two REI's here. I have actually gotten good CS at the Jantzen Beach store.

[This message has been edited by snowleopard (edited 11-06-2000).]

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days