Lil_Dawg_small.jpg

small_pic_Lead_cams.jpg

small_pic_Big_Bros.jpg

small_pic_Top_rope_rack.jpg

small_pic_Big_lead_cams.jpg

small_pic_Belay_devices_and_nut_picks.jpg

small_pic_lead_draws_and_nuts.jpg

Big_Wally_gear_before_small.jpg

Add 20 ropes, uncountable backpacks, pitons, hooks and other shit scattered to the 4 corners of the earth and thats my basement. The backpack up there isn't around any more, that was a Cilogear prototype that Graham donated to the Ozone auction to benefit Kevin cause he's such a good dude. Then Kyle was bidding and because he's my friend....anyway...its not and never was my pack. I was helping shake it down. Carried 4 ropes out of a remote canyon days ahead of of a blizzard solo so it did the trick. Amazing pack. I did buy the 2nd one Graham produced though and I own an original Ray Olsen as well. Grahams is better though. I own all the other crap though.

yeah baby!!

Resized_Beaks.jpg

ps, don't drink and mark gear. I did that Crack-N-Up last week with a bottle of wime. For 30 plus years silver was good for my pins, but yellow blue was my other gear. Bought a gallon of yellow and went to town. WooT!

ps, love your organization! Sh*t, looks like you can find stuff even!

How about a gear basement instead? Here's a bit. hammers_labeled.jpg

Resized_buddy_with_hammers_2.jpg

P1030012.jpg

Lil_Dawg_small.jpg

small_pic_Lead_cams.jpg

small_pic_Big_Bros.jpgsmall_pic_Top_rope_rack.jpg

small_pic_Big_lead_cams.jpg

small_pic_Belay_devices_and_nut_picks.jpg

small_pic_lead_draws_and_nuts.jpg

Big_Wally_gear_before_small.jpg

Add 20 ropes, uncountable backpacks, pitons, hooks and other shit scattered to the 4 corners of the earth and thats my basement. The backpack up there isn't around any more, that was a Cilogear prototype that Graham donated to the Ozone auction to benefit Kevin cause he's such a good dude. Then Kyle was bidding and because he's my friend....anyway...its not and never was my pack. I was helping shake it down. Carried 4 ropes out of a remote canyon days ahead of of a blizzard solo so it did the trick. Amazing pack. I did buy the 2nd one Graham produced though and I own an original Ray Olsen as well. Grahams is better though. I own all the other crap though.

What is that monster cam??

It's one of Tom Kaspers 12" Valley Giants. The small one is the 9".

Seen here in use, a ground up first ascent we did called I fu*king hate wide Bride of Wyde....last year when I had still had hair (he says proudly). LOL! We climbed up the route to the right first and Kyle swung over, stayed up there and took these great shots. I think it may be 5.10 something, but it needs to be done to get consensus. So it's 5.9 for now. I keep showing folks that thing and no one really wants to tangle with it, and so it hasn't seen a second ascent yet. I went back and put in a belay bolt at the base so you won't roll down the hill if your leader boffs it....But the biggest cam needed is really a #6 wild country, I was using the giant there to dump it and get the weight off my rack, I already carry more in my fat ass than most folks do in their backpacks.

Bride_of_Wyde_FA_6_camalot_move_3_small.jpg

layback_hold_Bride_of_Wyde_small.jpg

Wish I'd had just one of those instead of 3 big bros on last months climb of the Witch. 2 seen hanging worthlessly on the lower picture, the other one that you see used would not have held a Jack Russell Terrier on a leash. I was so damn sure it would be a perfect placement, in fact 3 in a row...all perfect in my dreams, yet they were all shit. Adam and Ujhan took these pics.

"Hey, it's rattling out !!"

resised_Top_of_the_side_pinnacle_2.jpg

"Screw it, Vey kant ve Jus Klimb" ..."uhhh, Oh John....Let's get up her..."

resizd_Top_of_the_side_pinnacle.jpg

The_witch_speaks.jpg

SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH THE GINGERBREAD AND THE KNOBS....shit...fu*king mouthy screechy Old Witch....mutter mutter.... ...see the worthless bros hanging limply and unclipped there? I think I need to take em out to the desert and see what they'll do, I haven't gotten a good placement with one yet. I tried. I tell you, I have on several occasions. The Valley giants, you could hook Ivan and his brother up to and it would hold them all, but those bros man, I'm so glad I haven't ever fallen on one.....(seen shaking his head and still muttering as he walks off).....

yup. The valley giants work great and are real strong.

You can buy them here: http://home.pacbell.net/takasper/slcd/valleygiant.html

...for now. Tom is talking about not doing it. It's a labor of love and community service as he ain't getting rich. Current large cam SLCD Valley Giant pricing (for posterity as he raised the $ last year)

#9 New Generation Aluminum SLCD - $150.00

#12 New Generation Aluminum SLCD - $225.00

Kasper with older version of the cam on Excaliber:

p9andvg12.jpg

Specs for the larger 12" model:

RANGE: 7.4 inch TO 12.0 inch (188mm to 305mm)

STRENGTH: 2250 lbs. (10 kN) proof load

WEIGHT: 35 oz. (990gram) aluminum cams; 31 oz. (880 grams) magnesium cams

OVERALL WIDTH: 5.25 inch (133mm)

CAM TRACKING WIDTH: 3.875 inch (98mm)

OVERALL LENGTH (OPEN): 18 inch (457mm)

OVERALL LENGTH (RETRACTED): 15 inch (381mm)

TRIGGER TRAVEL: 2.5 inch (64mm)

TRIGGER TO SPACER BAR DISTANCE: 3.75 inch (95mm) to 1.25 inch (32mm)

CAMS: 1/4" 6061-T6 aluminum alloy; constant 14 degree (arctan .25) exponential spiral profile

AXLE BOLT: 3/8" strain-hardened 302 stainless steel; yield stress 85 ksi; jam nut to match

CABLE: 3/16" 302 stainless steel 1x19 aircraft cable; dual strands load the axle at the cams, not in the middle

CABLE FITTINGS: 302 stainless steel; silver brazed to cable to a depth of 3/4"

CAM SPACERS: 1" round 6061-T6; used to laterally stabilize the cams

CENTER SPACER: 1" round UV-stabilized Nylon

TRIGGER BAR: 6061-T6 aluminum alloy; milled cable slots for independent cam manipulation

CABLE SPACER: 6061-T6 aluminum alloy; securely crimped to cable; hang here for aid

CAM SPRINGS: 302 stainless steel spring wire

SPRING PINS: 1/4" press-fit 302 stainless steel dowel pins

TRIGGER WIRES: 302 stainless steel spring wire; extra ridigity to stabilize cams when placing

Honestly dude. WHAT COULD POSSIBLE BE THE MOTIVE FOR OWNING 15 CAMHOOKS???

Yeah, who would ONLY own 15? (insert insane laugh here) ha ha ha ha ha ha LOL! BTW, did a route last month where we used almost every damn one of the beaks, and I screwed up and forgot a few, and they were needed as it turned out.

ps, a true gearwhore just buys it and asks that kind of question later...if at all.

OK, I hear that Leeper was going out of business and I went crazy. Then Theron went and made a great version and devalued my precious....yesssss......my precious......

GollumClimbing.jpg

hmmm..... want to see some offset and regular aliens? They may become valuable too.....preciousssssss......

This is how I wind up with 40 gallons of cider in my freezer or 11 professional quality saxophones for my 4th grade son who was learning how to play back when. My awesome wife just quietly smiles and shakes her head. It's craziness I say, craziness. And it's my turn, so I'm buying it. I did for my family and now it's for ME!

There's more....

oh yes......

There is.......

But it's others turn to post some pics. Sorry to uncork there. Lost control, hand me a kleenex...hell, make it a bounty paper towel. My turn is over for the day, spent.....unless you want to see some excessive quantity of other bullshit?

Gollum_w_coney.jpg

Yesssss ............ohhhhhh.....yessssssss

Bill you are unique, and its a pleasure to have you on this board.

-signed, fellow wingnut

olyclimber

Thanks Porter. BTW, it was a pleasure to watch you climb the awesome East Face line on the Monkey Face, quite the inspiration. It was nice to know that you were a real person. I need to get back on that one sometime. What a nice route. Been too busy to even go to Smith this year. ...I think...I may have gone but don't remember it.

Bill, you're my hero!

Whoah! No no, please! Let Jonas Salk or Chuck Yeager be your hero. I'm just a gear whore with more money than brains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Salk

The hero of all gear whores is over on Supertopo btw. He bought the Birds hammer for $1000 and is going to let folks use it on walls before it heads to the Yosemite Muesuem! Damned Impressive. Talk about setting the bar high...mutter mutter...

Wow! Dude is the Mother Teresa of gear whores. He buys the hammer for a grand to help out Bridwell, then will loan it to anyone if thy donate $50 more to the Bird! Woot!

http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/thread.php?topic_id=990887&tn=0&mr=0