How long can I park my car?

John Frieh

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually called Ritzville a couple years ago since it was a convenient place to meet with me coming from Seattle and my partner from Portland to head east.

I spoke to a nice woman at the city who seemed confused as to why they would bother towing my car. She suggested parking "downtown" near city hall or something like that (probably not right in the main retail parking spots). I think I went down Division across the railroad tracks.

I left it there for like 5 days over a weekend with no problem. YMMV Also this was my old beat up Subaru.

I've also left a car in Ritzville for 3 days near where OMB was. No problems. I think the key for parking in Ritzville is to be downtown as opposed to being near the freeway.

You could also head the extra hour-ish to Spokane and leave it with someone you know there. Personally I do this since it feels safer since I know someone is watching it for me.

I actually called Ritzville a couple years ago since it was a convenient place to meet with me coming from Seattle and my partner from Portland to head east.

I spoke to a nice woman at the city who seemed confused as to why they would bother towing my car. She suggested parking "downtown" near city hall or something like that (probably not right in the main retail parking spots). I think I went down Division across the railroad tracks.

I left it there for like 5 days over a weekend with no problem. YMMV Also this was my old beat up Subaru.

X2. I have also spoken with the police dept downtown near City Hall for past trips. I called them to let them know about the car being left in the public parking right there. They said no worries, and that it should be fine. Might be nice to give them a call and let them know about your car. Last year, a partner left a car there last year for an ice trip (for about a week) and didn't have any issues, and I've had similar good experiences for three years in a row now.