all the things being equal...

RuMR

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, melting hot boulder problems,stupid hot sport climbs. Or rad, perfect temperature granite cracks? That's an easy choice.
there's deepwater soloing at the new, and morning and evenings are fine with me...

squamish is definitely in the running...but the NRG would be very cheap...

Squamish if the weather is good.

Consider d: Boulder and Estes Park CO. A lifetime of climbing.

Never been to the Red so I can't comment.

Bishop is lots of fun but in the gorge the climbing is a bit derivative (vertical face climbing) and bouldering at the Buttermilks will be boring for the wee ones.

i'd have to argue that drew would do absolutely fine at the buttermilks...the kid is turning into a complete climbing freak...

hadn't thought of boulder, truth be told, although there's lots of climbing there (i've spent a bit of time), i wasn't too impressed...eldo was cool, rifle blows goats compared to the New or the Red for steep stuff, plus i fucking hate bouldtards...

Edited by RuMR

why not let your rockstar son decide?

if i did, he'd pick european limestone...all he does when he's not actually climbing or at the gym is salivate over youtube videos of the latest limestone mega-proj going down to some hip hop shit music...

I'm with Mark - summer in Eldo and RMNP every time. The SE is all about climbing in the fall. They don't call the southern 23 counties of Illinois "Little Egypt" for nothing, let alone TN and points SE of there. If you're going East anyway then go NE and hit the Gunks, Cathedral, and Cannon.