'Republic Parking' - Tickets from private company?

Blake

I got a ticket from "republic parking" while in seattle. It was the lot near the Ballard Locks, where I was parked for a few minutes with a friend. I don't know how official these tickets are, given that they come from a private parking-lot operating company, not the city government. Does anyone have experience fighting or ignoring one of these?

If you ignored it, what happened?

Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Failing to pay parking tickets is the gateway drug to more serious illegal activity, such as stealing ketchup from McDs, bivying in the Enchantments without an overnight permit, using the restroom at Starbucks without making a purchase, and returning REI gear that you've happily abused for years simply because you're hoping to get a new model for free.

I got a ticket from these idiots a few years ago... I actually paid to park and had the little pass they give you on my dash, so I was in full compliance.

A few weeks later, I get a $56 ticket in the mail. Funny thing was, it had my name and correct address, but the car & license plate listed on the ticket was not mine. So after a few weeks of back-and-forth BS, they finally quit threatening me with collections.

P.S. I just took a huge shit at Starbucks

If you ignored it, what happened?

Thanks

Collections, really fast, always

Fast forward a few months/years when you are trying to buy a house, car or anything else on credit and you are turned down because you did not pay some stupid $56 ticket. Pretty lame, but if you want your credit to stay in tact (assuming you already have good credit, which any self respecting true dirt bag would never have) you'd better PAY DA MAN...